Chapter 40

"So you just ran out of the house," May said, looking at me in disbelief.

 I nodded my head before groaning in embarrassment. "I know, he probably thinks I'm a lunatic," I whined as I collapsed down on to the bed dramatically.

 It was a Saturday morning, and I was at May's house, updating her about what had happened yesterday at Ethan's house. Chloe was supposed to come down as well, but she said she had a really bad hangover, so couldn't come over.

 "That's because you are a lunatic Mia," May snapped rudely. 

"Well, that was kind of rude...," I mumbled.

"Well, it's true! Sane people tend not to run away from their crush after making out with them, just because they feel their dick rub against them," she snapped bluntly. 

I stared at her in shock, surprised by the statement that had just come out of her mouth. 

There was a pregnant pause before we both burst out into laughter, realizing how funny it sounded when you put it like that. 

"Shut up, it wasn't because of that," I said as I rolled my eyes.

 "It's just weird that we keep making out all the time. He's supposed to be my friend, and that's not what friends normally do," I sighed.

 May groaned and buried her head in her hands. She lifted her head. "That's because he doesn't want to be friends. Ethan likes Mia, Ethan wants to date Mia," she said slowly and simply as though she thought I was an imbecile.

 "If he liked me then why wouldn't he have just asked me out already," I snapped in frustration. 

"Maybe he's scared, you'll reject him, you did hate him for a long time before you became friends," she shrugged.

I processed what she said, and the more I thought about it the more it made sense. Maybe she was right.

 "Why don't you just tell him how you feel, and then see what he says," she suggested.

 "I don't know May...what if he just laughs in my face," I mumbled.

 "If he laughs then he's a fucking idiot, and I'll beat him myself. But I'm sure he won't. The quicker you tell him, the quicker you can stop worrying about this. Just rip it off like a band-aid," she smiled encouragingly.

 I nodded my head, feeling a new burst of confidence. "You know what May, you're right! I think I'll go over there right now," I said standing up purposefully. 

"Fucking finally," she said with a dramatic sigh as she pushed me out the door of her room. "If you're not back in an hour, I'll take that as a good sign," she winked. I snorted as I started to make my way down the corridor.

 "Oh, and if things do go well, remember protection," she said with a cheeky grin.

 "Shut up," I mumbled in embarrassment.

After a short ten-minute walk, I was finally on the familiar doorstep of Ethan's house. I stood outside the door for a solid seven minutes before I finally plucked up enough courage to ring the bell. Soon enough, the door opened to reveal Ethan's mother. 

She smiled warmly. "Oh, hey, Mia. I didn't know you were coming over today, come in," she said politely as she opened the door wider for me. 

"Ethan's upstairs in his room, so feel free to head up there," she said as she made her way back to the living room.

 "Thanks," I called as I made my way over to the stairs.

 Just as I was about to start climbing, I saw Chloe's little brother, Mason, come bouncing down the stairs.