Making A Scene

"Why are you so nervous? We had everyone there at the fashion show."

"This is our first proper night out with everyone and it's for my birthday... in couples."

Tae had been inundated with texts of complaint from Jin because they hadn't seen Jungkook for his birthday and he had been accused of kidnapping him. Tae responded and told them that he had very much held him hostage and when he was finished giving him the best orgasms of his life they would be in touch.

That was a few days ago and thanks to the weekend, they'd literally spent most of the time in bed... or the bath... venturing to the sofa a few times but mostly bed and they had the laundry to show for it. They had given in to peer pressure and their friends had won by using an event that 'The Last' were playing at as an excuse to get them out but Jungkook spent the afternoon panicking about what he should wear and acting like it was the first time he was going to be meeting them.

"Yes, Kookie, in couples because our friends are all in relationships."

"But it is a couple night out." his voice trailed off at the end.

Tae looked confused as he slid into his jeans "Am I missing something? Have I fucked your brains out to the literal extreme that you are now brainless?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes "Cheeky! And yes, that could be possible but I've never been out on a couple thing before... well... not when it matters... when we were younger there was always Jin and Joon and Chim and Yoon were on and off but we all just hung out like mates...this is... actual couples."

This was the first time he had ever been on a couple date that mattered and he couldn't help but feel out of his depth and nervous. The anxiety bubbled away and he had made much more of it than he probably should have because he knew everyone going and had spent time with them many times before. In Korea he was always being forced out on couple dates and he hated them because the other couples were always Keyho's friends and family so she would fawn over him and be affectionate. Usually he would get a call from his parents in the days afterwards to speak to him about his behaviour and how the other couples had thought he was rude towards his wife who had apparently been distraught.

"And now, as well as Jin and Joon, Chim and Yoon, we have Bee and Charlie, Hobi and Rocky... is it because I used to do couple things with Kai?" Tae didn't want to bring Kai into it just in case it wasn't a factor but he really didn't understand why his boyfriend looked so upset.

"Oh err... no." and it wasn't. Jungkook thought it was to be expected that Tae and Kai did thing as a couple with the others, no one really said anything negative about Kai and he appeared to be welcome when he turned up that day.

"You would tell me if it was, wouldn't you?"

"Yes, I would tell you."

Tae walked over to where his boyfriend was standing, fastening his belt as he went. He placed his hands on Jungkook's shoulders and turned him around to face him, pecking him a few times on the lips before speaking.

"Kookie, talk to me, if this has nothing to do with Kai then I don't understand and I really want to get it. I hate seeing you so worked up and not to understand why."

"This is a couple thing, Tae and everyone else is used to being a couple and I feel so awkward." his voice trailed off again, he realised that it probably sounded silly but he hadn't been out in a proper couple in this situation and he felt so inexperienced, not to mention that this was his first official couple date being 'out' as a gay man... as part of a gay couple... as himself... where he was accepted.

"How can we make it better? You just need to be you and I will be me and we will be us... together... like we are when we are here or at Jin's or upstairs at my parent's place or in the park rolling around on the grass... you don't need to have done it before or be used to this situation, you just need to be you."