I Need You

Tae walked home... limped home.

It had taken an hour but he didn't care. The talk with Kai had gone more or less as he expected and he was drained. Today hadn't meant to have turned out the way it had and he certainly didn't think he would be climbing into bed with red puffy eyes. The one thing that he hadn't wanted, was to hurt Kai, it had been inevitable but he still hadn't wanted to hurt him. There weren't the words to describe his feelings for Jungkook, to make Kai understand that there wasn't any competition at all, that he was perfect... he would make someone a perfect partner... just not Tae, because he wasn't his kind of perfect.

He had expected the nasty comments and knew that Kai hadn't meant it, he was hurting and was lashing out. If Tae had bought promise rings and organised a special day out after being away for so long, excitement bubbling over to see his boyfriend, only to be dumped and cast aside, seemingly out of the blue... he would probably have been nastier than Kai had been... which just made him feel worse because Kai was a nice guy and hadn't ever deserved him.

The darkness of his room was welcome, the warmth of his bed and the familiarity of Jungkook's t-shirt was exactly what he needed as he sent Bogum a text to let him know where he was and to tell everyone he was okay.

The second Bogum's phone lit up he snatched it off the table and the three guys in the room were all asking questions at once.

Tae
It's done. I'm home. Tell Kookie I will phone him tomorrow and tell Jin that he can chill out because I'm okay.

Bogum
Why are you at home?

Tae
I'm in bed. I will be okay tomorrow. Don't tell them I'm home. Thanks Bee.

Bogum
Mwah bruh!

Tae
Back atcha.

"Well?" Jin asked as Bogum had walked to the other side of the room so he could read the messages in private.

"He says he's okay" Bogum walked back to the sofa and sat next to Jungkook "He's at home, he asked me not to tell you because he is not really okay. He's probably crying in bed feeling like the shittiest person on the planet. I would never normally betray him like this and he may be pissed off with me but you should go to him. For the last six years you've been stopped from being there for each other and I'm not letting that happen any more. I've got a key to his place."

Jungkook was speechless, he didn't know what to say and he didn't know whether he should go but everything in him told him that Bogum was right. He knew how much they had both suffered and just because this was about Tae breaking up with his boyfriend, it didn't mean that he shouldn't be there for him.

"I have a key, I can't thank you enough. If he really needs space, can I come back here?" Jungkook quickly put on his shoes and rummaged through his jacket pocket to make sure he had the key.

"Of course. I rarely agree with Bogum but on this occasion, he's right." Jin said grinning at Bogum who was looking unimpressed.

Jungkook rushed out the door, running through the halls and starting the car before he had even closed the door. His heart was in his throat, his pulse was thumping in his temples and he felt sick. This was the first chance he had been given to take care of Tae in a situation that didn't involve plasters or bandages and he would never forget what Bogum had done.

He thought about how, earlier today he hadn't liked Bogum. He hadn't liked the way he acted around Tae, the way they were so familiar with one another and it took a lot of effort to hold his jealousy down at the mention of the kiss, which no one seemed phased by.

Now he owed him... big time and after their chat, he could see that the love he had for Tae was purely platonic and even though he couldn't promise that jealousy wouldn't rear its head again, he was pleased that Tae had Bogum in his life.