Goodbye Again

The one thing that made Tae get out of bed every morning was the fact that he loved the company he was working for. They took him on as an intern and he was able to earn money whilst studying. He still worked at the coffee shop on alternate days every weekend, something that Kai wanted him to give up because he wanted them to spend more time together but Tae always insisting that he had worked there forever and the extra cash came in useful.

Kai knew that there was a secret he had never been told, he had witnessed the way Tae would zone out from time to time, he wasn't oblivious to the fact that some conversations were stopped when he was around and there were certain times of the year that Tae would disappear. He had worked out that it had something to do with an ex boyfriend in the way that when he had first met Tae, he'd said he was taken but he had never seen him with anyone except Bogum.

Kai presumed that one day he would be ready to talk about it and when that day came, he would listen. He had been so pleased when Tae had finally agreed on a date and things had gone at a snail's pace but 2 years on, he thought things were going well. He had wanted to ask Tae to move in with him several times but there was always this little feeling that he would be rejected so he settled for the fact that they spent a lot of time at each other's places anyway and so it wouldn't make much difference at the moment. It seemed to be a more sensible idea to wait until they both had full time, secure jobs with decent salaries coming in.

They rarely went for more than two days without seeing each other, even if that was during one of their lunch breaks. The high rise building that was home to the huge designer clothing label 'Euphoria' was where Tae worked as an intern fashion designer and Kai was a trainee journalist for a big national newspaper whose building was a few blocks away.

Tonight, Kai was cooking for Tae because he was leaving to spend a fortnight in Europe, a huge opportunity to really get his career off the ground and he couldn't pass it up. 2 trainees were chosen and to be offered the chance was things dreams were made out of so he was very excited. They would be travelling to several cities to cover several big events that were happening and he had asked Tae to go with him when he found out that he would be going to Milan for a fashion show but Euphoria were not willing to lose their inter for 2 weeks so he had to turn him down.

When Kai heard his front door close he skipped through to greet his boyfriend with a kiss on each cheek as they always did. It had started as a joke but had become their thing ever since even if it made others cringe slightly when they over emphasized the kiss noise on each side. Tae had accepted a key to his place because it meant he could go there straight after work whether Kai was home or not, he preferred to knock and didn't like turning up unannounced but used the key from time to time.

"Are you all packed?" Tae asked, removing his shoes and following Kai into the kitchen.

"Yep. Wish you were coming with me."

"It's only a fortnight and we can video chat. You will be far too busy interviewing celebs to think about me."

"I always think about you."

"Of course you do, I think of me too."

Kai rolled his eyes with a smile on his face "I've made homemade burgers."

Tae clapped his hands "You are too good to me."

Kai put his arms around Tae's waist and pulled him close "You can show me how grateful you are, later."

"Do you want to limp through that airport tomorrow?" Tae winked.

"If that's what is on offer, then absolutely, yes I do. In fact, let's skip dinner and go to bed."

"No way, K. Not now you've told me it's burgers."

"I knew I shouldn't have said anything." Kai pouted and kissed Tae sweetly before turning around to finish serving up dinner.