Chapter 31

The Next Morning - Anna's POV

Gaara won't let me leave the house and I find it amusing.

"Stay an extra day." Gaara mumbles into my back as I attempt to put on my skin guards.

I smile amused. "I can't. I want to, but I can't." I say to him.

He pouts. "Please?" Gaara asks me.

Gaara continues to plead and I give in. He has me put away my ninja stuff and come back to bed.

I smile as Gaara relaxes into me while I scratch his head gently and we both end up falling asleep again.

"Gaara! You have duties to do!" I hear Temari yell somewhere.

The door opens and its quiet.

"Don't wake her." Gaara mutters as I hold onto him.

"Come on Gaara, you have to do your work at some point today." Temari whispers quietly.

Gaara hmpfs quietly and I keep him pinned down so he probably knows I'm awake now.

I sense Gaara's chakra push out Temari and I smile as I bury my face into Gaara's neck. "She is right though, I do have work to do." Gaara mutters with a sigh.

I snort. "You made me stay another day, so your staying with me, whether you have work or not." I say playfully and I sense amusement from him.

"I can't argue, it is my fault you stayed another day when you probably would be near the boarders by now." Gaara says to me amused.

I snort. "I'd be stuck in quick sand by now." I say and Gaara chuckles quietly.

I feel totally at ease here with Gaara, vulnerable even. I make him stay with me for a little while longer before he really does have to do work.

I end up sitting in Gaara's office while he attends a meeting.

"Bored?" Temari asks amused.

"Very." I reply back.

Temari laughs and its a while before Gaara finally comes back.

I sense amusement from Gaara when he sits down. "Anna, the new teacher seems to be having a rough time." Gaara says to me.

I snort amused. "I know." I say and I get up from my upside down position.

Gaara does his work while he has me float near him on his sand as I play around with one of my Kunai.

It's an hour or so later when there is rapid knocking on the door that gets mine and Gaara's attention.

"Enter." Gaara says in a calm manner.

I sense Mya walk in and she's exasperated and scared. "YOU SAID THEY WERE SWEET HEARTS!" Mya yells at me frustrated.

I have to hold in a laugh as I sit up to face her direction. "They are, I have no clue why you would think any different." I say to her amused.

"Anna." Gaara says to me warningly.

I pout slightly. "Why do I have to end my fun?" I ask Gaara.

"You do have to he nice." Gaara reminds me.

I huff quietly. "Alright, alright." I say to him. "Those kids don't like new teachers, they'd much rather cause havoc instead of listening to a lesson." I say to Mya amused.

I sense shock from her. "But then why?" Mya asks me.

I shrug. "Your actions towards me yesterday, just sorta irritated me. Especially that move to stand in front of me even though that really wasn't necessary." I say to Mya who is shocked. "Oh and by your aura, I could tell you didn't like children, you only took up this to please Gaara and find his favor. And the fact that you were panicking when I told you today's lesson, your not that fit to be a teacher, because that's actually a really easy lesson and something you should have already known." I say to Mya.