Chapter 30

Anna's POV

Gaara is quite for a long time and I get worried.

"Gaara?" I ask nervously, no answer.

I don't really sense anything from him and I sit up, worried that I fucked up.

I turn around and I keep trying to sense his emotions.

Its a few minutes of me thinking this way, that Gaara finally does something.

"Anna," he starts and I realize I might have actually fucked up and I want to shut down right now. "Anna," Gaara tries.

"Did I mess up? Am I wrong?" I ask him worried as I pull my knees to my chest, about to shut down if he says I did.

Gaara takes one of my hands. "You didn't mess up or get it wrong, so don't shut down and close yourself off to everything." Gaara says to me carefully. "Everything your feeling is valid and its true to you." Gaara continues.

"Why do I feel a but coming?" I ask quietly.

"No buts." Gaara says to me. "Can you come closer again Anna?" Gaara asks me.

I move closer to him and he takes both of my hands.

"Anna, for a little while now, I've been feeling the same way." Gaara says to me. "I'm glad you told me how you've been feeling." Gaara continues. "Whenever your in the Sand, all I want to do is be around you, I want to watch you with those children, I want to just be near you. Even when your not in the Sand and your away, I think about you all the time and I always wonder what your doing." Gaara says to me as he moves closer. "Anna, we can try to make this work, even though we're usually really far apart." Gaara says to me. "I wish you would come back home to the Sand one day and always be safe here with me, I always worry about you." Gaara says quietly as he rests his forehead on mine.

I grip his hands as I feel like I'm about to start crying. "Gaara," I say quietly as I start to shake.

"Hey, hey," Gaara starts, "what's wrong?" Gaara asks worried.

I don't know why, but I feel this strong urge to kiss him cause I don't know what to say or do.

I kiss him and I sense slight shock from Gaara before I feel understanding from him and he kisses back.

When I pull back, I put my forehead on his chest. "Let's make this work, I don't want to let you go." I whisper.

Gaara pulls me into a tight hug and I feel sleepy as I feel totally relaxed with him.

Gaara lays down and I go down with him. I fall asleep on his chest, unwilling to let go of him.

In the morning, I wake up to something soft and something holding my waist.

I sense it to be Gaara and I smile softly. "Gaara, I have to get up." I say quietly.

Gaara hums quietly. "Why?" Gaara mumbles.

"I have to go teach the children." I say to Gaara quietly.

He hums. "Ok." Gaara mumbles and he gets up.

I get up and I stretch, Gaara hugs me and I smile as I pet his head.

Gaara yawns quietly and I go get changed in the bathroom while Gaara changes in his room.

I get ready for the day and I head to the academy.

"Anna-Sensei!" The kids chorus excitedly as I walk into class.

I take my place on the teachers desk. "Is anybody missing?" I ask.

"Nope. We all came." Class pres says to me.