Chapter 19

Lyra was on the ground the window was smashed. She was lying in a pool of crimson blood. Alexandra ran towards her I followed. She spluttered.
"What happened?" Alexandra said. There was a stab wound in her abdomen. Alexandra let out a sob.

"Alexandra - he - came - back." Lyra spluttered.
"Who? Who came back Lyra?" Alexandra said.
"Him." Lyra pointed behind us. Jenna whimpered. I turned there was a man in the corner of the room. I jumped to my feet and threw the knife that was lying beside Lyra at him. It hit in right in between the eyebrows. He crumbled to the ground.

"Lyra no. Come on Lyra stay." Alexandra pleaded. Lyra coughed. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head. I listened for a heart beat there was nothing. I shook my head. She wasn't fully a werewolf yet she hadn't shifted. She couldn't heal. She was dead. Sweet innocent Lyra was dead. I couldn't believe it. I never once thought that I'd be in this position how would Roseanne take this? Oh my god. Lyra was dead the only thing she really cared about before Mackenzie. She lived Lyra, Lyra was her last family.

I wanted to cry but I furiously blinked away the tears. Alexandra was sobbing next to me. I couldn't speak or move. I just sat there staring at her waiting for her to sit up and smile. It wasn't going to happen I knew that. I wasn't very close to Lyra but I still cared about her. She was young and spirited she didn't deserve this. I stood up and went to the man in the corner.

He had thin grey hair. His eyes were still open they were pale blue. I closed them in disgust.
"Who is this?" I asked Alexandra. She was beside me now.
"Oh my god," she clamped her hand over her mouth.
"Mum what's wrong with Lyra?" Jenna asked.
"No." Alexandra said.
"Damn it Alexandra who the hell is it?" I asked I was getting angry.
"Roseanne and Lyra's uncle." Alexandra said.
"What? He killed his niece?" Alexandra nodded.
"He left after their parents died everyone said he died but clearly not," she sat down. "Oh my god. Why on earth would he do this? He loved Roseanne and Lyra." Alexandra said.
"Well it doesn't matter he killed her." I said.

Alexandra sniffed and started crying all over again. I hated when people cried around me. I felt awkward. Jenna ran to her mother and soothed her.
"Mum it's OK Lyra's OK." Alexandra shook her head.
"No baby Lyra up in heaven," Jenna's bottom lip quivered.
"Why?" Jenna asked before bursting into tears.

"A bad man hurt her." Alexandra said. She rocked Jenna in her arms. I stared at Lyra's dead body. I pressed my lips together. She was so beautiful and young. She didn't deserve this especially from her own uncle. I turned towards the door. I opened it slowly.
"Jayden help me carry her to the morgue." Alexandra sniffed. I nodded and lifted her limp body up. She was literally weightless. I carried her through the hallway.

"Make the announcement." I ordered Alexandra she nodded softly and walked in the other direction. I walked slowly with Lyra's body. I went into the morgue. There was a table in the middle with a white cloth draped over it. I lay her down on the table. I closed her eyes and rested her pale white hands on her stomach. I watched her for a few seconds. This time I think I let out a few tears.

I blinked them away and turned. Kate stood at the door of the morgue Mackenzie at her side.
"Daddy." Mackenzie ran up to me and hugged me. "Where's mama?" she asked.
"Resting baby." I said kissing her forehead. She gasped.
"Auntie Lyra." Kate stifled a sob.
"Yes baby." Kate couldn't contain herself she burst into tears. Mackenzie looked so confused.
"Auntie Katie what's wrong?" Mackenzie asked.
"Lyra... she's... dead." Kate whispered clearing a few stands of hair from Lyra's pale face.
"What?" Mackenzie said.
"Auntie Lyra's in heaven sweetie but don't worry she'll be fine." Kate said.

Mackenzie sniffed and clung to me tighter.
"I want my mama," she whispered.
"Come on we'll go see mama." I said. I walked away from the morgue. Mackenzie didn't speak. She suddenly burst into tears as if it'd just hit her what Kate meant. I kissed her cheek and soothed her. I walked into the hospital. Sad looks were on most people's faces. Everyone from this pack knew little Lyra to hear that she's dead was a shocker. Maria came up to me.
"In so sorry to hear about Lyra." I just nodded. I couldn't really process it.

Maria took my to Roseanne's room. Roseanne was still lying in her bed. I couldn't look at her. I couldn't be here again. She had already been in a coma. I sat Mackenzie on my lap. She tickled Roseanne then huffed.
"Mama." Mackenzie said. I didn't bother to tell her what had happened. I was trying to forget trying to believe she was sleeping. Maria came in with a clipboard.

"Well Alpha the surgery went as planned. She still seems to be breathing and healing as she normally should but..." she sat down. "She's trapped in a subconscious state. She thinks she's dead so her body isn't pushing itself to wake up. If this continues she might stay like this forever." I stared at her.
"So she's slipped into another coma?" she shook her head.
"Not really she's practically awake well mentally but not physically." I didn't really know what this meant.

I nodded and she got up. She took one last sympathetic look at Mackenzie then left. I wasn't too phased really by the news. I just wanted to wait and see what would happen.

----------------------------------------------

Roseanne

There was a beautiful woman in front of me. She wasn't a clear picture she was sort of fuzzing almost. I stood up she glowed. We were in complete darkness. She had long raven black hair and her eyes were sea blue. She was taller than me. She was the moon goddess. I knelt in front of her.
"Stand up Roseanne," she said putting her hand on my shoulder. I stood up.
"Have I died?" I asked.
"No Roseanne. Jayden saved you. He has some news for you," the goddess said.
"What?" I said.
"Wake up Roseanne. Wake up." I looked up at her.
"Why?" I asked.
"You have a daughter now you must wake up."
"What if I can't?" I said.
"Than don't," she said simply. She faded away.
"No moon goddess help me!" I called. Darkness descended again.

Wake up Roseanne.