Chapter 2

My steps faltered. Was he joking? I turned to look at him but he was gone. I swallowed hard and walked causally towards my house. Lyra, Alexandra and me lived there. It wasn't that big it had three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen and a living room. Everything we pretty much needed.

I opened the door. Lyra was studying at the table.

"Hey trouble." I said as I walked in.

"What did the Alpha say?" she asked.

"Hey none of your business. What you studying?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Nothing really just some science stuff." I nodded. Once a werewolf turns eighteen they become full members of the pack they leave school and train to become a member of the pack. I do a few jobs that makes money for us to get food. I work in the supermarket as a cashier everyone as to find something.

"Hey Rose." Alexandra said.

"Hey." I replied. It was about 12pm on a Saturday. I went up to my room and got into the bathroom. I turned in the hot water and ran a bath. I read my book while I waited for the bath to fill up. When it did I striped off my clothes and stepped in.

I sighed with relief when I got in. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I loved having baths especially after runs. I let my sore muscles soak in the hot water.

"Rose!" I heard Alexandra call.

"I'm in the bath." I called back.

"Alpha wants to see you." I groaned.
What does he want know?

"Tell him to come back later." I called.

"No way." Alexandra was outside my bathroom now.

"Well I can't be bothered seeing him right now I'm too tired." I moaned.

"Well he's the Alpha he'll wait for you." I thought of what he said earlier. I groaned.

"Fine then let him in." I mumbled.

I got out the bath and got changed into light skinny jeans and a black jumper. I brushed through my wet hair and braided it. I walked downstairs.

"Hey Alpha what can I do for you?" I said leaning against the doorframe.

"I need you to come with me." Alexandra stood behind Lyra. Jason the beta stood beside Jayden.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"Come with me." Jayden demanded.

"Fine." I tried to kept the fear from my voice.

I followed Jason and Jayden outside.

"What's going on?" I asked again.

"You'll find out soon enough." Jayden said. I followed them both towards the woods.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked.

They both exchanged looks then continued walking. Fear built inside me. I had to run for my life.

"You seem a little jumpy." Jason said. I ignored him. They stopped at the edge of the woods.

"OK." Jayden said. "I have to talk to you alone right now." Jason nodded and ran off. "Roseanne don't interrupt." I nodded slowly. "Listen I think you might be my mate. I have never felt the way for anyone before and I believe you feel the same way. I know you've lost a lot in your life but I can't help thinking that you just use that as armour to hide the fact that you really want a mate." I raised my eyebrow at him. "Fine but I do believe you're my mate. I don't know if you feel the same if you don't then I guess I was wrong." I swallowed hard.

"I do feel the same way." I fiddled with my charm bracelet. "But Jayden I don't want a mate right now. I'm just not ready to commit to something like that. I have no room in my heart for more heart break. I'm sorry Jayden I just can't deal with this right now. Give me a year maybe I'll change. I can't right now." I said. He grabbed me arms.

"Listen to me Roseanne. I'm not asking you to commit I just want you to know that you're my mate and I will fight until I die for you." I nodded. "I've waited so long to ask you this and I think I know the answer but..." he let my go and stepped back.

"Just consider it." he begged. "Will you be my girlfriend?"