Chapter 6

My heart thudded in my chest as held on to Jayden as the two men came towards us. I growled at them to back off. They just threw me aside and unchained Jayden. He struggled and fought but both men were too strong the beat him to the ground. "Jayden!" I said.

Jason grabbed me by my hair and dragged me off. It took both the men to keep Jayden from fighting. "Roseanne calm down." Jayden said. I obeyed him. My heart was still pounding. I was about to die and so was Jayden. I heard shouts and screams. Growling and bangs. Jason stopped.

"What the hell was that?" I smiled a little. Our rescue. I looked over at Jayden who smiled as well he knew what I was thinking. He smiled weakly at me. I wanted to go to him. I had to.

My wolf side was beginning to kick in. I was beginning to get territorial over him. I growled and kicked Jason square in the gut he moaned and fell back. I jumped to my feet and punched one of the men. They seemed a little shocked. Jayden jumped to his feet and head butted the other man. The man rolled back shocked. I grabbed Jayden's hand and we sprinted towards the door at the end of the hallway.

I could hear the growls of Jason behind me. Once we reached the door Jayden and I kicked it down. We ran up the staircase towards the top. I could hear Alexandra's cries. I sprinted to the top. Zoey lay dead at my feet her neck at been snapped. Alexandra was fighting another girl. I threw myself without thinking at the girl. I held her neck and twisted it on one fast motion. Her body crumbled to the ground.

Alexandra pulled me into a hug.
"Thank god you're alright." Jayden grasped me hand.

"Let's go." Jayden sprinted towards the massive doors dragging me with him. Alexandra followed at our heels. Alexandra screamed. I whipped my head around. Alexandra was lying on the ground. She was still alive. She stumbled to her feet. Jason was coming fast towards us. I turned and ran. Alexandra was close behind Jayden and me. I could hear Jason's growls.

I turned quickly to see what was happening. A huge grey wolf was coming towards us. Jayden pulled me behind him and shifted. He growled at Jason. Jayden was bigger, much bigger than Jason. Jayden ran head on at Jason knocking him back. Jayden claws at Jason's chest making Jason howl in pain. The howls slowly died as Jason did. Jayden turned back to face me. He shifted back into human form and grabbed my hand.

We sprinted through the doors and out into the woods. Jayden knew where he was going. We ran back through the woods though we didn't have anyone following us. Jason was dead we were safe. We ran towards the edge of the woods. Towards home.

The first thing I saw when I broke through the woods was Lyra running towards me. I picked her up and hugged her tight.

"I missed you." I closed my arms around her.

"I missed you too." I said. She held me. Jayden was at my side. A few pack members came towards us. They were Marc, Jeremy and Chris. Marc was next in line to be the Beta. Jeremy and Chris were part of the council.

"Jayden!" Marc called.

Jayden ran towards them each giving them hugs.

"Alexandra told us about Jason we didn't believe her." Marc said.

"Well Jason's dead now and so is Zoey." Jayden said.

"Good to have you back Alpha and our new Luna." Marc hugged me.

"Looks like word gets around fast." I said glaring at Alexandra. She smirked at me.

"We'll have a ceremony for you both my new Beta and Luna." Marc and I smiled. Though I knew we were both worried. Luna and Beta were big jobs not as big as Alpha but close enough.