Chapter 3

I stared at him. I couldn't read his emotions his face was blank.

"Um... I..." I couldn't find any words. "Jayden are you sure? I mean I'm a handful." I said.

"I don't care I still want you." I couldn't speak. I wanted him as well it was a good thing he was holding me up or else I would have fainted by now.

"Jayden I..." I just didn't know what to say. I looked up into his eyes they were becoming black. That means a wolves emotions are taking over. He's either angry or really wants me. I stepped back.

"You have to calm down." I told him.

"OK." Jayden said. I backed away. His eyes became turquoise again.

Butterflies attacked my stomach. I turned and ran back to my house. I didn't know how to react to him wanting me. I sprinting back towards my house. Jayden skidded in front of me.

"Please Roseanne don't run." Jayden's eyes told me he really did want me. I was the Alpha's mate. I would become the Luna. I couldn't do that. I can't be the female Alpha.

"But I would be the Luna." I said.
"I know but it doesn't matter really.

You won't be doing much it's just going to be me." he promised. I held his arms for balance.

"Roseanne I need you," that was it for me I could be his mate. The only person that needed me was Lyra.

"I just can't." I said. I ran for it. I sprinted back to my house. Tears clouded my vision. Alexandra hugged me.

"What happened?" she asked.

"He's my mate." I said.

"And?"

"I just can't. I mean I would spend all my time with him I have to wait."

"Lyra is growing up she doesn't need you 24/7 now." Alexandra said.

"I still can't leave her." I said.

Alexandra nodded and stepped aside for me to go back upstairs. I won't be able to avoid Jayden. He's the Alpha but I can deny that he's my mate even though he is. I sat on my windowsill and leaned my head against the cool glass. I brought my knees to my chest and leaned my chin on my knee.

I stared out the window and watched Jason and Jayden argue. Only the Alpha's mate can disobey him. That's why I'm the only one who can disrespect him. I had a strange need for him.

I watched Jayden start shouting at Jason. Actually Jason can argue with Jayden as well but not like I can. Jayden started to back away from Jason. From the looks of it he was growling. I'd got him too angry and now Jason would suffer. I got up and ran downstairs. I had to stop Jayden. I twisted the doorknob and ran towards Jayden. He growled.

"Roseanne! Stay back!" Jason warned me. He ran towards me and grabbed my arm. He started pulling my away from Jayden. This only made him more angry.

"No you're making him angry." Jason ignored me. He pulled me away from Jayden who was know running towards me. He leapt forward and in his place was a massive black wolf. I screamed. It wasn't like I hadn't seen it before but Alphas were huge. I tugged my arm from Jason grasp.

I shifted into a wolf. I was much smaller than Jayden but he wouldn't hurt me. He stopped growling his eyes settled back to turquoise.
Jayden calm down. I told him. He growled at Jason.

Jason get away from her. Jayden said. Jason backed away.

Jayden calm down. I didn't mean any harm to her. Jason assured him.

Enough both of you I can take care of myself. I said.

They both kept quiet after that. I shifted back into a human and turned towards my house. Just as I was about to open the door I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. I turned around slowly.

"Come on." I screamed. A large man with black eyes grabbed me. He was bald. Another man who looked exactly like him had Jayden. He snarled. The man punched him hard.

"Jayden!" I screamed. The man tugged him up and dragged him towards the woods. I struggled and screamed trying to break free of this man's grasp.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

"Shut it." the man bellowed in my face. He raised his fist to punch me.

"OK, OK." I said. He relaxed and dragged me towards the woods. I couldn't help but stare at Jayden's limp body.

What did these men want with Jayden and me. I didn't struggle anymore it was hopeless. The men pulled us through the woods towards the borders.

"What's happening?" I asked him. The man ignored me. Just as we got to the borders the men turn right and ran along the wired fence that separated the packs. I tried to kept up with the man that was dragging me but I tripped and scrapped my face. I tasted the blood in the corner of the mouth. I spat it out in disgust.

The men pulled Jayden and me further along the fence. I could see someone in the distance. He was tall and muscular like these men and Jayden. He had short raven black hair like mine I couldn't see his eyes. Then I realised who he was.

"Jason!"