Chapter 17

Roseanne

I put a lot of thought into forgiving Jayden and I knew I needed him and so did Mackenzie. I wanted him back. I waited with her on the bed for our protecter. The door opened and a tall man came in when he turned around u couldn't believe my eyes.

Jason.

"You're dead." I spluttered.
"No you saw a grey wolf die you didn't see me change into a grey wolf." Jason corrected me. I held Mackenzie closer to me. He was right.
"Oh is she yours?" Jason came towards me. Mackenzie started to whimper and cry.
"Yes please leave her here alone with Kate or something. Take me leave her." I said.
"And what about your precious mate Jayden. Oh I forgot he didn't want you did he?" Jason said. I don't answer.
"Although Jayden did kill my mate." Jason said.
"No he didn't Alexandra did." I clamped my hand over my mouth.
"Yes I know but you mean more than Marc to both Alexandra and Jayden so it's the perfect revenge." Jason said cupping his hand under my chin.
"Than take me take me away." I said.
"I plan on doing that." Jason grabbed me and pulled me off the bed.
"Mama!" Mackenzie said.
"No honey stay there daddy will come and get you." I called.

My hands were tied behind my back and my mouth had a cloth tied around my mouth. Jayden came running towards me.
"Jayden!" I said.
"Roseanne," he said. Two men grabbed him.
"Listen sweetie you either come with us the easy way or we kill him," one of the men said.
"No Roseanne don't do it what about Mackenzie. What about me? Please no." Jayden said.
"I'm sorry Jayden." I whispered. "I love you." Jayden stared at me pain clear in his eyes. I'm pulled away from him.
"No! Roseanne. No!"

Jason and another rouge hauled my into a truck. I leaned my head back against the truck. I waited. A woman came in and injected me with something.

The world went suddenly dark.

---------------------------------------------

I woke up in a cell. I groaned. Jason came in.
"Hello." Jason said. "I plan on killing you in a few days just to make Jayden suffer that little bit more." Jason winked. I suppose I would rather me than Mackenzie or Jayden. I just but my lip and he left.

A girl came in she had a needle in her hand. I just waited. She knelt beside me and stuck the needle in my neck. I groaned.
"I'm sorry," she whispered. I felt the cold floor beneath me and the world went dark.

---------------------------------------------

Jayden was hovering over my body. I knelt beside it. Lyra shook me.
"Roseanne!" she screamed. "No!" Jayden sat beside my body silently staring at me. I sat next to him and touched his hand. He looked up at me. He dropped his gaze back to my unmoving body. I sighed.
"Mama!" Mackenzie came running into view. No not Mackenzie she can't see me like this. "Mama! Mama! Wake up mummy!" she never called me mummy it was always mama. I tried to wrap my arms around her but I couldn't.
"Mackenzie mama's here baby look at me!" I screamed. She hair sobbed. Jayden didn't move.

I slipped back in consciousness. I screamed. What was that? Jason was standing in front of me his arms crossed. He had a knife in his hand.
"Get it over with." I mumbled. He grinned and knelt in front of me. I closed my eyes.

Jayden. Mackenzie. I kept my thoughts on them. My baby girl Mackenzie. Jayden. I felt a shape pain in my chest. My eyes snapped open. I screamed in pain.
"Roseanne." Jason pulled the knife from my chest.

I was slipping away. I was dying. I coughed blood all over the floor. Jayden burst in the room.

My vision became black at the edges.

I couldn't breathe.

"Roseanne stay with me." I heard a voice.

I felt an irresistible force pulling my I knew towards death. I couldn't see only blurred images of Jayden. I coughed on last time.

I felt my heart slow to a stop.