Chapter 24: Family talks

A/N updates are getting slow again, sorry guys, shit happens. But some news, I am trying to get into my local University for next year, I'm going to do Bachelor of Arts and secondary education. I'm looking to be a english teacher or author. But I do hope to get the female lycan published (edited and rewritten first of course) So that may happen in the next few years. Also I am now 2 months without a migraine :p Hopefully this long chapter will make up for it 

I couldn't sleep. I was overwhelmed by my own thoughts as well as my lycans. She was feeling angry and sad, she didn't like that they judged her so poorly and that they didn't think much of her. Her pride has been crushed, as well as her heart. Currently she lay at the back of my mind exhausted and sulking. 

After the boys left to their rooms, I followed suit and stayed in my room. Dxton and Della tried to comfort me from behind my door saying they just needed time. Which I understood, I would be a hypocrite if I didn't. But I couldn't help but let my anxiety get the best of me. Jordan tried imparting his own wisdom, but I wanted to be alone. Maybe I wasn't quite as ready as I thought to meet my brothers.... 

Can't change it now, can only hope tomorrow brings a better day..... I guess.

I make my way towards the kitchen quickly, feeling thirsty. But I'm surprised to find Della, her head in her hands, a thoughtful expression on her features, would seem I'm not the only one being kept awake by their thoughts.

"Couldn't sleep either?" I call out softly, she doesn't flinch, but looks up slowly, no doubt sensed me the moment I walked out of my room. 

She shugs, "Something like that" She smiles, and turns toward the kitchen, her finger points towards a can of instant hot chocolate, "Want one?"

Hot chocolate, I can't remember the last time I had a hot chocolate, Usually I would have a hot milo back in New Zealand, "sure"

"So the witches will be here in a few days, Nervous?" She asks while preparing our hot chocolates.

I take a seat on one of the kitchen bar stools, "Yeah" I breathe out shakily, "I'm honestly terrified"

Della stops what she's doing and turns towards me, sighing softly she nods, "Me too" Finishing our mugs, she places them in front of me. Grabbing a stool she sits in front of me, "I'm excited to see what you look like, but at the same time, I'm terrified for you. When you regain your memories you're going to be in so much pain..." She trails off a little bit, causing my mind to wonder.

I am scared. Scared to be Delilah, the responsibilities, the life, but also her memories. Especially her memories. The quicker I get it over with the quicker I can move on.

"I should probably educated you on our world" Della says in an attempt to change the grim subject, I nod excitingly.

"Actually I have a question" I've been speculating for awhile now how Noah fitted into the picture. Della told me there were originally 5 lycans, and they made up the foundation for the lycan species. But, the originals weren't African, so why is it that Noah made it to seem like he is an original descendant. When the originals were Avery, George, Ivan, Franz and Wu. 

"If there were originally 5 lycans created so how does Noah come into this?"

Della takes a sip of her drink and nods, "Thats a good question" she smiles approvingly,"Noahs family are known as the African lycans that use to reside within the amazon jungles; one of the Asian descents was mated to an african women, and their children ended up making a name for them selves, Ajani, the first African Lycan. So even though they are up there with the originals they are technically from the Asian line. They were thought to have been wiped out many years ago by Franz, but apparently not. In this point of time, you may as well include them in as a tribe, since Ajani technically was the start of a whole new line of lycans"