Chapter 25: A lycan

"Ready?" Jordan approaches the couch slowly, his eyes concerned. I simply just nod, getting up, a brave face on. Though I bet I don't look all that brave. It's officially tomorrow, meaning todays the day I see a lycan. Adriens asked me to wait inside, which I whole heartily agreed to, I would like to keep my eyes pure.

"Feeling anxious?"

"Always" I give Jordan a shrug, "It doesn't switch off"

Pulling me in for one of his side hugs he ruffles my hair annoyingly, causing a scowl to form on my face, "Dude, I worked so hard on this bird nest look" I smack his hand a way and go to 'fix' my hair. He chuckles, which causes me to of course smile in return. I run my fingers through my whitening hair. Not gonna lie its sending me through a loop, not because its my natural hair colour, that hasn't sunken in yet, because at the moment it just looks like I'm aging. 

Sometimes I wake up and see the white in my half asleep state and start freaking out, thinking that I have grey hair. I do somewhere within my birds nest, I have found some in the past. Such is life. Unfortunately.

Roughly tying it up into a messy bun, I shake myself of my nerves, "Ok" I sigh out, stretching my arms, "lets get this over with, before I chicken out" 

"True" Jordan says ushering me out the door before I can really protest. But its the fact he didn't deny my cowardliness that strikes a cord with me. "Ass"

Pulling me out the door, the sun rudely greets us first, covering my eyes I cringe my eyes in hope of easing the bright light, but of course it doesn't, "Should have grabbed some glasses" I mutter. Jordan nods, "It is bright today" he laughs a little to himself, "but I would take this over NZs humidity any day" 

"Yeah" I miss New Zealand, the forests are different here, it's just not the same. 

"It's kinda weird" I mumble softly, but Jordan's wolfie ears of course pick it up, "What's that?"

"Guess I can't call myself a Kiwi anymore huh" He shakes his head, "Nope" 

American all the way it would seem. Can't help feeling a little sad at that realisation. Not necessarily because of America, just that not as many people can say they are from New Zealand. It's a bit more special and it was what I identified as for so long. 

Not single part of me is going to be left in the coming week. 

"Oh yeah, Jerichos with them too, your brothers that is. He seems to have taken a liking to Theodore" He lets my hand go as we walk side my side towards the clearing behind the house. 

I nod, I wasn't really worried about Jericho, hes in good hands, and he seems pretty happy at the moment. Which makes me happy too, I should take him for a walk later, maybe find a river for him to play in. 

"Hey Jay!! Jordan!" Theo waves us over, with his free hand. The other currently holding a rope for Jericho to tug on. Its then I notice the large scale of dog toys.

"Hey" I respond, approaching him, "Where did all the dog toys come from?" 

Theo blushes bashfully, a smile on his face, "I brought them this morning" He lets the rope go softly, "I kinda got all excited over having a dog around" 

I blink a few times, before laughing, "That's adorable!" I kneel down to Jericho and pat behind his ears, but Jericho decides he wants his belly rubbed instead and rolls over, "You are a spoilt shithead Jericho" I say in my baby cooing voice, while furiously scratching his belly. He barks with a shake of his tail. 

Jordan takes the other side and scratches, "He knows it too" I nod in agreement.

"He is such a cool dog" Theo says, kneeling down next to me. I reply with a quiet I know.