Chapter 3: Moon Lit Runs

"Jaime?" 

"Yo where you at?"

God what does he want.

"In the bathroom and shut up, you are way to loud"

He walks into my vision and cringes, "Sorry, how is your head by the way?"

"Good, Migraines just about gone, keep yelling and it wont though"

"Right sorry.." he trails off.

I stop brushing my hair and turn to look at him, "Anything else you want?"

I don't ask rudely, I'm genuinely asking if he needs anything. 

"No not really"

"Bullshit" I state while continuing to brush my hair.

He stays where he is and shrugs, "Ok fine"

"Can I borrow Jericho?"

"Huh?" I blink repetitively, "Sorry Pardon? Why do you want my Dog?"

"Oh you know take him for a run" I raise My eyebrows and gesture to myself. I'm currently wearing Tennis shoes, leggings and a sports bra. 

"Jordan, If you couldn't notice I'm about to do that" I point out.

"I know but I was wondering if I could do it, I enjoy talking him for runs too"

I think it over for a second before sighing, "I haven't been on a run in a while because of the migraine so, I'm craving a run today but if you really want to take Jericho for a run you can tomorrow. Just not today I need this run, you know how mum is when I go without him, especially with the murders happening recently"

"yeah, ok. I'll take him tomorrow, just make sure to stay to the paths, my sure with him near you you're invincible"

"Definitely!"

"Did you see what he did to Dad?" I ask Jordan walking out of the bathroom.

"Shit what did he do now?"

"Bit his arm"

"Well fuck"

I nod agreeing with him, "When did this happen?" 

"This morning before he went to take Mum some food, Jericho was eating a bone and Dad thought he had killed one of his sheep and he was eating its leg. One went missing this morning. So he went to yell and slap him while he was eating Jericho didn't like that

"Good thing I walked outside or Dad might have been arm less, but needless to say Dad is pissed, so I want to get him out of here before he gets back, don't want him touching my dog"

"Fair enough,  Dad was in the wrong and it's not his dog so he can't put a hand on Jericho" Jordan points out.

"Yeah but you know how Dad gets, once he's angry he's unreasonable"

"True"

Sighing I run my fingers through my hair, tying it up into a ponytail, "Anyway I'm off, should be back soonish"I grab my white and black windbreaker and head for the door.

"Ok be careful" he calls after me, I wave him off and call for Jericho.

Jericho and I quickly jump back into our routine of running for hours into the day. We always loose track of time during our runs. Its so easy to fall into the familiar feeling of shallow breathing and pounding hearts. 

When I don't have migraines Jericho and I are up at 4 every morning running into the depths of the surrounding forest. Something about the greenery calms me and the feeling of running excites me.