Chapter 10

Kyle's POV

It had been thirty hours since Maya went missing. I was getting restless. I kept on pacing inside the mansion. After that phone call, everyone became desperate. The kidnapper had the balls to call the house phone and ask for a 20 million dollars ransom within 72 hours or we won't be able to see her again. Tyler was sitting on the couch hugging Maya's Spongebob plushy. It was her birthday present two years ago from Tyler.

After he woke up from fainting yesterday, he didn't let himself sleep again after that. He had been staring at the phone on the table for a couple of hours now. My mom was sitting in the kitchen with Diandra drinking coffee. Diandra had arrived home at midnight last night and both mother and son cried their hearts out in embraces.

I walked towards them before taking a seat next to my mom. Both of their eyes were puffy and red. I know both of them were just as worried as me and Tyler. Who doesn't if they were in this situation. Your children being kidnapped by a person was the worst feeling ever because you don't know who took them or where they are now.

"How is he?" Diandra asked with a hoarse voice.

"He's trying to keep it together, though he would break any seconds now," I said. Diandra let out a heavy sigh.

"Do you know who would have done this?" I asked her. She looked at me and I saw hesitation in her eyes.

"You know? Please, Diandra. If you know anything, please tell us." I begged her.

"I have an idea, but I don't know if they could do something like this and I don't want to point fingers at innocent people. It could just be a wrong assumption." She said.

"Just tell who and let the detectives do a background check on them," I coaxed with hope in my voice. It took her a moment before she nodded her head.

I called the two detectives over to us in the kitchen, away from Tyler. I don't want him to worry anymore than he already was. I closed the dining hall double doors after both detectives went inside.

"Mrs Benington has an idea who could have done this." I said to the detectives. Both of them look at Diandra. She took a big deep breath before speaking.

"Two years ago, right after Tyler was proven innocent, Frank's mother said something to us," Diandra paused.

"She shouted at both of us, 'Frank will have his revenge'," she continued. The two detectives' faces frowned.

"But we did a background check on his family and we found nothing. His parents were clean." Detective Morris said. She was in her thoughts, contemplating something.

"What about Francis?" She said. The detective's eyebrows knotted.

"Francis?" Detective Morris questioned.

"Yes. Francis Porter, Frank's twin brother." I looked at her. Frank had a twin brother? The two detectives looked at each other.

"There was no information about a Francis Porter in their family records or in our database system." Detective Rodriguez spoke. Diandra's face contorted.

"That's impossible. When Tyler and Frank just started dating, both his father and I did a background check on Frank and we knew that Frank has a twin brother who was serving in the army after high school." She explained.

"Do you still have the information for this?" Detective Morris asked. She nodded.

"Yes. We have our own family's private investigator. Let me call him." She said while taking her phone out and proceeded to call the said private investigator.