Chapter 7

Tyler's POV

My mind wanders off to the conversation between me and Kyle on the phone last night. His voice cracked like he was crying. Something must have happened. But I don't know what. I'll try to ask him when he comes today.

"Honey, are you okay?" My mother's voice snapped me from my trains of thought. I was at the kitchen for breakfast. While Celine was making breakfast, I zoned out for a while. I nodded my head at my mother when she took a seat across from me.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?" I let out a sigh before giving her a weak smile.

"I know, mom. I'm just thinking about something." I said.

"Something or someone?" She teased while giving a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her before letting out a chuckle.

"Perhaps both." I said. She frowned.

"What is it, honey? Maybe I could help." She said. I took a deep breath before releasing it.

"Kyle called me out of the blue last night. He said something weird, well, to me at least." I confided in her.

"What did he say?" She asked with worry laced in her voice.

"He asked me to promise him to never let him go no matter what happens." I said. She thought for a while before nodding her head slowly.

"And what did you say?"

"Of course I promised him that. I will never let him go no matter what." She gave me a smile.

"Well. From my experiences, mostly watching the chick flicks anyway, is that something is going to happen that would test your relationship." She said while taking a sip of her coffee that Celine served a minute ago.

"Test? Like what?" I said with worry. She gave me a smile while shrugging her shoulders. I thought about it for a while.

"Then what should I do when that day comes?" She leaned in and placed her elbows on the table.

"First and foremost, you have to remain calm. Don't let your emotions take control of you. And then try to discuss it and ask for the reason. Lastly, ask yourself whether it is worth losing Kyle over it or not." She explained calmly. I nodded my head slowly.

"The most important thing is that you need to know what you want, Ty. You will be able to figure it out later on. You are my smart boy, remember?" She said and I let out a chuckle.

"Thanks, mom. I will remember everything that you said." I smiled at her.

Then both of us enjoy our breakfast that was served to us. After breakfast, I told my mother that I was going upstairs to the study room. I suddenly wanted to go there after what felt like a very long time. The study room was at the end of the hall, not far from my parents room. I opened the curtain and went inside before closing it behind me. The study room was big and full with books around the wall. There was only a huge window providing natural lights from the Sun.

My father and I always hangout in this room. He would do his work while I read books in a comfortable silence engulfing us. Sometimes we would engage in discussions about various topics. It was how we spent our father and son moment and I couldn't ask for a better one.

A book from the most bottom shelves caught my attention. The book was in greyish and blueish colour. I took the book out and studied the cover. It was relatively new since I had never seen this book before. The front cover of the book was a pattern necktie. Weird choice for a cover book. I looked again at the bottom shelves and realised there were two other similar books with similar colour, but with different titles.