Chapter 3

Tyler's POV

I went downstairs to find my mother. She was in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Good morning, mom." I greeted her. She lifted her face before smiling at me.

"Good morning, dear." She greeted me back.

I usually have my breakfast sent to my room because I didn't feel comfortable eating it in the dining room. It's not only breakfast though. Every meal was sent to my room as I refused to leave my safe place which was my room. I took a seat across from her. Celine came to put a cup of coffee in front of me. I smiled at her politely and she returned it with hers.

"So, how was the landscaping going?" I asked her while putting a jam spread on my toast. It was two weeks ago when my mother decided to renovate the yard of the house in our backyard with a landscaper. I saw the man come and took measurements around the house.

It was supposed to be the house for me and Frank but, that seems to be impossible now. My mother always asked us to move into the house, but Frank would refuse every time. It was because he didn't want people to know what he was doing with me.

She wanted to change the landscape in case I decided to live there. Perhaps far in the future if I am ready I supposed. My night terrors were still attacking me and my mother couldn't leave me alone. But, I am getting used to it right now, being woken up in the middle of the night screaming. There was simply no cure for it. It will stop when it decides to stop, however long will it take.

"It's going fine. Next week Kyle will come back with a blueprint and we'll see how it goes." She answered and I nodded my head.

"Oh, Ty, do you like the marigolds I got for you last time?" She asked, curiously. I nodded my head.

"I love it, mom. They were beautiful." I said while smiling. I love the marigolds that she brought home from the farmer's market.

"Perhaps you should ask the landscaper to plant some in the backyard." I suggested.

"Well, I would ask him tomorrow since I bought it from him." She smirks. My eyes widened at the revelation. The landscaper was also a flower seller?

"He's also a flower seller? I thought he was just a landscaper." I was confused. My mother let out a chuckle.

"He only sells flowers in the farmer's market every Sunday. But he actually owns a landscape company." She explained. I nodded my head. That made me even more curious. Just how many flowers could he sell despite having a landscaping company. The marigolds that my mother bought were vibrant and beautiful.

It became my favourite flower instantly because of the meaning behind it that my mother told me when she gave me. When I asked how she knows the meaning of the flower, she said that the flower seller told her about it. I thought the flower seller was a very old and wise person, but I didn't expect the young landscaper who came to our house two weeks ago was the actual flower seller.

When a thought crossed my head, I could feel a lump in my throat and my palms started to sweat. But I couldn't ignore my curiosity.

"Uh. M-Mom. C-Can I f-followed you t-to the f-farmer's market t-tomorrow?" I stuttered.

Cold sweat begins to trickle on my forehead. I hate the idea of going out and being in a crowd. I often have a panic attack when I am surrounded by a lot of people. I don't want to be judged by people because of my trauma. My mother looked at my face for a while. I could assume she was looking at my face contorted into an uncomfortable look.

"Are you sure, honey?" She asked, concerned. I wanted to say no and change my mind but my curiosity got the best of me. I nodded my head hesitantly. My curiosity got the best of me.