Chapter 1

Troye Sivan as Tyler Benington. <3

----------------

Tyler's POV

The surrounding air became cold. Ice cold, as if it were suddenly the middle of winter rather than summer. The chilled breeze penetrated deep into my bones. It felt as if the time was stopped in that moment. It became eerily quiet. A small pin dropping would have cut through the silence like lightning.

Cold sweat trickling down my forehead. My eyes widened, looking straight into a pair of hazel eyes that I had once loved. The memories of how we met, fell in love, dated and married flashed by me so fast. But only the happy memories were recalled. I could feel my eyes brimming with tears.

I kept staring into them, watching as the life of the person under me, slowly fading away. The light of life became duller by the minute until they were completely gone. The realization of what I had done slapped me and I scurried away, backing up until I hit the wall.

My breath was ragged and heavy. Seeing the person laid down in front of me unmoving finally pressured me until I broke into a wailing cry. The sound of my sobs echoed throughout the house. I pushed my fingers into my hair and grabbed it until I could feel the pain but I ignored it. The matter of fact was I had killed a person.

--------------

2 years later..

"The juries found the defendant, Tyler C. Benington, not guilty of all charges" one of the jury spoke.

I let out a sigh of relief. My lawyer patted my back and hugged me while saying congratulations. I stood from my seat to give respect to the court judge before leaving the court. Two years of going in and out of the courtroom to finally be pronounced innocent has lifted all the burdens of my shoulders.

Two years after that godforsaken incident had happened. The incident that had tortured me physically and mentally was finally over. I was proven innocent, hell I was innocent before and now I was clear. Two years after I fended off my abusive husband. It was finally over, however the trauma of the incident still lingers.

I turned around, quickly going over to my mother and engulfing her in a warm hug. My mother broke down in a cry on my shoulder. I heard her sniffles and I hugged her even tighter as if it was possible. Our hug broke by the sound of a woman screaming. Both my mother and I pulled away from each other to face the woman.

"You are guilty! How could you walk away free after you killed my son!" she screamed, hysterically. A guy next to her tried to calm her down and pulled her away out of the courtroom.

"You murderer! You will not get away with this! Frank will have his revenge!" she yelled as I watched her being pulled out by her husband until she disappeared from my sight. I let out a shaky breath. I cursed in my heart. After he died, he still can affect me.

"Don't listen to her, Ty. You are innocent." My mother cupped my face and stared straight into my eyes. I nodded slowly at her. She pulled me in for another hug.

We are on our way back to our house after the trial. I can't seem to forget what Frank's mother had said.

'Frank will have his revenge!'

It rang in my head and honestly, I don't like it. I don't need another trauma to add after what I've been through with Frank. Frank and I had married a year before the incident but had dated for three years during our college days. Right after we had finished our studies, he'd asked for my hand in marriage and it was like a fairy tale straight out of the book.