xi

SELENA COULDN'T GET ANY SLEEP

She was nervous. Restless. Scared. She needed her memories back.

And now her and two others were going on a quest to retrieve them. But... what if they messed up?

Or worse. What if they didn't make it back?

Once the sun peaked over the valley, Selena got out of bed. She changed into her cargo shorts, attaching her dagger that Reyna gave back into her thigh holster. The brunette girl pulled the purple camp shirt over her head and tied it off at the bottom.

It was August after all.

"Ready, magic girl?" Cato asked, walking up to her, wearing his own Camp Jupiter shirt with two back packs across each shoulder.

"As ready as I can be." He handed her one of the bags,

The entire Fifth Cohort followed behind them as they headed towards the front gates. In the distance, they saw Jason approaching with his own backpack and Reyna at his side.

"Good luck." Hazel gave her a nervous smile,

"Thanks."

They all stopped when they met in the middle. Reyna stepped forward and held out two dark blue booklets paired with white passes, "These are your passports and tickets. Don't lose them. Terminus will give you directions from here."

The armless statue appeared, "Quest travellers! Come here so I can pat you down."

"With what?" Selena rolled her eyes as the three walked over,

Terminus stared at them for a moment. He must've been doing a mental 'pat down'.

"You all seem to be clean," Terminus decided. "Do you have anything to declare?"

"Terminus." Jason narrowed his eyes,

"Yes, yes, well. Just go down to the BART station," Terminus said, "Change trains at Twelfth Street in Oakland. Then head to the San Fransisco International Airport. Gate 13B.

And with that, an invisible force kicked them across the boundary. When Selena looked back, Terminus was gone. In fact, the entire valley was gone. The Berkeley Hills seemed to be free of any Roman camp.

"Wow." She gasped,

"Every time I go on a quest, that seems to freak me out the most. Here one moment, gone the next." Jason smirked.

"How many quests have you been on?" Selena asked the blonde as they made their way to the station,

"Three? This is my fourth. I went on my first one when I was eleven. We went through a drought and had to find the cornucopia to replenish the land." Jason replied,

Selena looked over at Cato, "What about you?"

He shook his head, "Fifth Cohort rarely go on quests."

"Well, it's about time we've changed that." Selena smirked, "Let's be on our way boys."