xx

THE MEMORIAL FOR CATO WAS LARGE.

A large fire was lit, and they burned Cato's armour, since there was no body for a burial.

A lot of the campers cried, even those in other cohorts. They have made fun of them in the past for their rank, but didn't want to see Cato die.

He was one of the good ones.

Everyone avoided Selena, thinking she was bad luck. She didn't blame them.

She was the reason why Cato was dead.

Reyna and Jason addressed the community, letting them know that training and security was going to be amped up. Something happened on the quest which led them to believe that something bad was coming. 

They needed to be prepared for war.

It deflated everyone's hearts, because they had just dealt with the Titan War only a few months ago. They had lost quite a few campers during the battle, and not everyone had recovered physically or mentally.

They believed it all had to do with the Great Prophecy. It had been around for thousands of years, and now, it was time.

Selena was part of it. And something deep down inside her made her think she's been apart of something big like this before.

For weeks afterwards, the prophecy that Octavian gave them bothered her. It was clear it was a mission for her to remember her life, but nothing ever came.

Now Gaea was free, and Cato was dead.

The daughter of Trivia sat outside the gates, by the river. She was waiting for Hazel, as the two were supposed to stand guard by the doors of the entrance to camp.

Her dagger laid next to her on a rock as she dangled her bare feet in cold water. She grabbed the dagger, checking her reflection. Three different images of herself appeared, all with tears running down her cheeks and red-rimmed eyes.

Selena hated the image that looked back at her.

She slammed the dagger back down before hearing, "You okay?"

She turned to see Hazel approaching, wearing her armour. Selena was glad she was assigned to guard duty with her, she was one of the only campers that didn't look at her with disdain.

"I'm good." The brunette sighed, taking her feet out of the water, "I have to be."

The two wandered over to the boat, but stopped at the sound of someone calling out her name. Selena turned, spotting Reyna running towards her, a look of panic on her face,

She stopped, looking around frantically, "Have you seen Jason?"

Hazel and Selena shared a confused look before she shook her head, "No, why?"

"I can't find him." Reyna ran her hand through her hair, tugging on it gently, "I can't... he was heading to his room and now... he wasn't at dinner..."

"Reyna." Selena tried to calm her down, "He can't be far. He's around somewhere."

"No, you don't understand, I've looked everywhere. I sent Lares to search for him, but they all came up empty. No one's seen him. It's like he's just vanished."

Selena's eyes widened with realisation.

 Son of the sky, must say goodbye, only then shall she remember why.