xiv

SELENA WALKED OVER TO THE BOYS, PLACING THREE TICKETS IN FRONT OF THEM, "THERE'S A FERRY

SELENA WALKED OVER TO THE BOYS, PLACING THREE TICKETS IN FRONT OF THEM, "THERE'S A FERRY."

"To Rome?" Cato asked, shoving a sandwich into his mouth,

"Even better. Naples." Selena sat next to him, "From there, it's a short train ride to Pompeii."

"Sweet. When is it?" Jason asked,

"Not for another six hours, so we can rest until then." She answered,

While the boys slept, Selena stayed up. She didn't want another dream like the one she had on the plane.

She watched the news at the station, them going on about the plane crash from engine failure. She was just glad there wasn't any casualties.

Maybe Reyna was right. She was dangerous.

"Selena." A voice whispered to her,

She looked around, "Hello?"

"Selena." The voice whispered again, but farther away. Selena stood and began to follow it, "Help me."

"Who's there?" The people around her looked at her strangely as she walked past them, speaking to herself.

"Free me."

Selena followed the voice into the bathroom, "You need help... in the bathroom? Not my area." She muttered,

"Help." She spun around and came face to face with a mirror.

Selena stared at her reflection before noticing a faded shadow behind her. She turned around and it wasn't there. She turned back to the mirror, "Who are you?"

"I can help you." The shadow whispered, "But you need to help me first."

"You're the reason why we're on this quest, aren't you?"

"Help my sister. She's on top of the sleeping mountain. Please." The voice whispered, "Then she will help you, too."

"Why are we whispering?"

"They can't find us. They'll conspire against us." The voice continued, "Get to my sister quick. She's counting on you."

Selena felt cold as she stared at her reflection. It changed to a different scene. Her could no longer see herself standing there. Instead, she was holding onto someone, a guy, and she hung above a pit.

"Percy, let me go," Selena yelled, "You can't pull me up."

His face was white with effort. The veins in his arms stood out on his skin.

"Never," he said,

Selena could hear laughing, "Sacrifices. Beautiful sacrifices to wake the goddess."

The boy's grip tightened . His face was gaunt, scraped and bloody, his hair dusted with cobwebs, but to Selena, he was beautiful.

"We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again."

"As long as we're together," Selena whispered.

The shadow disappeared and Selena felt like she could breathe again. The lights felt brighter to her and she quickly left the bathroom to get back to the boys.

"Where have you been?" Jason asked, alert and awake as she approached them.

Selena felt light headed, what did she see in that mirror? Or was it all her imagination?

"I, was, uh, going to the bathroom." She answered,

"You okay?" The blonde asked,

"Yeah, just cold."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "It's like eighty degrees."

Selena rolled her eyes and grabbed her backpack, "Well, the AC is on blast in the bathroom." She kicked Cato's shin and he sat up, wiping the drool from his face,

"What? Huh? I'm awake!"

"Ferry should be here in a few. Let's go."

The brunette mumbled some words before they all gathered their things and went towards the dock with their tickets in hand, ready to face whatever else was to come.