xiii

"ALL HANDS ON DECK! FIND LADY CLARISSE! WHERE IS THAT GIRL?"

"What's going on?" Selena asked, standing next to a blonde girl and a really big guy with one eye. A cyclops.

"We are approaching the entrance." The captain replied,

"The entrance to what?" Selena asked,

He gave her a skeletal smile. "The Sea of Monsters, of course."

Then she felt heat. There was a fire nearby.

"Percy!" Selena screamed but the blonde held her back,

"He'll be fine. He always is. We need to get to the boats before the ship explodes!"

The ship behind her exploded and everything went dark.

Selena woke up with a gasp. Jason and Cato were still asleep next to her. Slowly and quietly, Selena stood and made her way to the bathroom.

Turning on the sink, she cupped some water in her hands before splashing some on her face.

The Sea of Monsters. She's been there. That's why she doesn't like Florida.

But who were the people she was with. Were they her friends?

Selena went back to her seat. She convinced Jason to give her the aisle seat one their flight from Atlanta to Rome.

She laid her head back and sighed, closing her eyes once again, hoping it would be a dreamless sleep that time around.

In the window seat, Cato briefly opened his eyes. With a large yawn, he reached up and opened the window. He let out a little yelp, not loud enough to wake everyone on the plane, but enough to alert Selena.

"What is it?" She asked, not opening her eyes,

"It's a... a... a..." Cato began to panic,

"A what, Cato?" Selena sat up and hissed. Her eyes widened at the sight of the monster.

The airplane shook and the seatbelt sign turned on, "Sorry, everyone, we're going to have a bit of turbulence."

Jason stared out the window, "A dragon." He muttered,

The plane shook more and everyone woke up with a little scream.

Cato cleared his throat, "So, um, how are we supposed to fight a dragon from the inside of an airplane?"

"I can fly." Jason stated,

Selena scoffed, "You can't just open the door to the airplane and jump out, Jason."

"Can't you do that travel thingy?" Jason asked,

"When there are shadows, but we're on an airplane. There's no shadows up here." Selena corrected,