It was time for some serious ass-kissing.

 I cleared my throat to get her attention. "Hey, mum. Wow, you look so pretty today. Did you get your hair cut today?" I gasped as I lifted a strand of her hair in amazement.

 She turned around to face me and crossed her arms. "Where's Ethan?" she snapped.

  Amazing, she hadn't even bought my act for a second... 

I coughed awkwardly. "He just needed to use the bathroom," I said in what I hoped was a casual and unsuspecting voice.

 She snickered. "I'm sure he did, Mia. I'm sure he did...," she drawled as she gave me a very long and knowing look. 

It was as clear as day, she knew exactly what Ethan was doing upstairs.

  How the fuck do mums know everything? 

"You're lucky I got home before your dad," she chuckled.

 "Very true," I laughed, not even wanting to imagine what kind of horror scene would have taken place. 

She let out a heavy sigh. "Look, Mia, I understand how you are feeling. You're young and in love, and it's easy to get carried away. It's healthy to have these feelings." she said softly, as she started her weird mother-daughter speech.

 "I'm good, Mum. I don't need this speech. Sex ed covered it all," I blurted out quickly, not liking where she was going with this.

 "Yes, I know, but I just really want to make sure it's drilled in. He's your first boyfriend, and I just don't want you to make a mistake and end up pregnant," she said as worry pooled her eyes. 

"Mum, we haven't even had sex yet, and when we do, I'll be careful," I cried. 

"And trust me, I don't want kids yet. I'll probably have kids with him when I'm like thirty or something," I shrugged.

At that exact moment, Ethan decided to enter the kitchen. My eyes widened in horror as I realized there was a high chance he had overheard our conversation.

 You know the conversation where I had boldly claimed, I intended to make him the father of my children! God, that was such a creepy thing to say to someone after less than a week of dating. 

He's so going to break up with you Mia...

I shifted in my place uncomfortably as I was met with his piercing gaze. The corners of his lips tugged up into a smile. 

Great, he's laughing at you. 

"Erm...hey," I said awkwardly.

 "W-why don't you take a seat?" I nervously laughed as I gestured towards the dining room table.

 Still smiling, he nodded his head. "Okay," he said as he walked over to the table and pulled out a seat.

 I coughed awkwardly and pulled out the chair beside him. He turned to face me, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "So how many?" he asked.

 I narrowed my eyes. "How many what?" I asked cautiously. 

His mouth stretched out into a full-blown grin "I was wanted to know many kids we're gonna have?" He chuckled.

 I scowled and kicked him underneath the table. "I hate you," I snapped. He was such a little dick for teasing me about something like that. 

His eyes softened, and he grabbed my hand in his and entwined our fingers. "How many?" he repeated. I stared at him in shock, surprised that he was actually being serious.