Chapter 25

Elena sat in her dorm room studying for her final exam in her final year of university. It had been a stringent year and a half and she had done nothing but put in her everything into her studies.

Bonnie sat on her bed listening to music as she quickly read through her textbook one more time before she had to write her final in an hour's time.

Elena huffed and puffed as she shook her hair out of its bun on the top of her head and let it loose, after what seemed like an eternity. Her head was hurting from her bun and she needed another cup of coffee in her to get through the day for her final tomorrow.

"Bon" Elena called out as she got up from her chair at her desk, stretching her cramped up legs and neck after being seated for over 4 hours.

Bonnie gave no answer, to which Elena grabbed her pen and threw it at her head. That definitely got her attention.

"Going for a Starbucks run, want anything?" Elena asked as she walked on over to the door and grabbed her wallet out of her purse.

"No, I'm good. I got my smoothie" Bonnie said as she put her book down and watched Elena cross the room and get her wallet.

"Okay, then I'll be back in like five minutes" Elena said in a tone that was a tad hollow. Why, she didn't know.

"Elena..." Bonnie called out before Elena got a chance to slip out the door. "Is wearing that jersey a good idea?" She asked in a soft voice.

Elena quickly looked down at the jersey she was wearing. She didn't have to look down. She knew what she was wearing. She knew it almost too well.

"I like wearing it, Bon. I like the memories that go with it" Elena said quietly as she slipped out of the door, not really wanting to say anything else on the matter.

Elena walked down to Starbucks letting herself get lost in her thoughts. So much had happened in about a year a bit's time. She never thought that things might be this way. Truth be told, she pictured herself still being with Stefan.

XXXX

"Come on, you are gonna be late for your flight and I don't wanna be the reason why you don't graduate from your teacher school shit" Katherine mocked as she ran towards gate A with Stefan trailing behind her.

Stefan had successfully finished up his placement in Cherishwood and was now going back to New York to graduate from teachers college. After moving from New York to Mystic Falls, to Cherishwood, Stefan was kind of glad he would be moving back to New York. After all, it was home to him for 10 years.

"Kat, slow down" Stefan half whined half yelled as he attempted to keep up with Katherine who was gunning it to the gate.

As Katherine and Stefan boarded the plane, they quickly got to their seats and sat down hoping to get some rest before they landed in New York.

"So, are you excited to graduate" Katherine said turning to Stefan and grabbing a hold of his arm that was resting against her armrest.

"Not nearly as excited as you are" Stefan said, letting his eyes slip close. Stefan was kind of nervous and kind of excited. Nervous because going to New York and graduating only reminded him of Elena and excited because all his work would be paying off.

"Stefan come on. Cheer up" Katherine said poking his nose, demanding his attention at this very moment.

"Kat, I'm excited okay? I'm also nervous, but I'm excited." Stefan said in a rushed tone as if rushing his words would help him get over what he was feeling.

"Nervous because you're going to New York where Elena is currently living and because you may or may not see her?" Katherine asked, hitting it exactly where it hurt.