Chapter 6

Elena sat there letting it sink in. Her brother was dating her best friend. She loved them both very dearly yet she was worried her best friend would end up getting hurt because Jeremy was not exactly the picture perfect boyfriend. But hey, if they liked each other and they hit it off, who was Elena to say otherwise?

"Elena?" Bonnie said quietly awaiting her response patiently.

"I uh, didn't expect this, but you know what. If you guys are into each other then who am I to say anything? I just hope my brother doesn't do anything to hurt you, and vice versa!" Elena playfully scolded while standing up and pulling Bonnie up with her so she could pull her into a hug.

"Thank god, I didn't know how you would respond." Bonnie huffed into Elena's long brown hair.

They pulled away from each other smiling before Elena began "Bonnie, don't worry. I really don't mind, I just want the best for both of you and I want you guys to be happy. And if my brother finds that in you, and you find that in my brother, its fine by me."

"Thank you, Elena. You have no idea how much this means to me." Bonnie smiled. She felt like a huge weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

"So, how did this even begin? I mean, Jeremy?!" Elena said pretending to make a disgusted face. But she laughed it off.

"I'll have you know your brother is very sweet, okay? He knows how to make me feel special and surprisingly enough he is an amazing kis-" Bonnie got cut off by Elena. She did NOT want to know about her brother and his abilities.

"LA LA LA LA LA LA " Elena screamed while putting her hands over her ears as she ran down the bleachers and away from Bonnie. Bonnie quickly ran after her in a fit of giggles.

They reached Bonnie's car and before they got in Bonnie just stuck her tongue out at Elena, both of them out of breath.

"Get used to it Lena!" Bonnie sing songed as she got in the driver side.

XXXX

It was 3:30 when Stefan got home, and he had to be ready for the dinner by 7pm. So he decided to go on a jog, and then hit the library before he got ready for the night.

Stefan slowly undressed himself thinking about Elena. There was a definite attraction between the two yet he felt like there was something that was holding Elena back. And he didn't know what that was. Oh shut it, Salvatore. She digs you! She feels that electricity that you do!

Speaking of Elena, Stefan had no clue if she was going to come to dinner with him tonight. He needed a way of contacting her, but they never exchanged numbers.

Fuck me, just my luck. He thought. How was he going to solve this? Maybe she just doesn't want to go, that's why she never got back to him. He now lay shirtless on his bed running his hands over his face in frustration. He wanted her to be there, not just because of the whole third wheel thing, but because he wanted to be near her. He was drawn to her almost like a magnet.

He got up and got dressed for his jog and headed out running along his usual path when all of a sudden it hit him. He stopped on the sidewalk and pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts before he found who he was looking for.

The phone rang as he waited before someone picked up.

"Hello" The icy voice rang. He could almost hear the smirk in his voice. Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Damon, why are you picking up dads phone? If I needed you, I would have called you."

"Ugh, can't you just talk to me like a normal brother? I mean, can we get over the fact that I slept with Katherine?" Damon said in a sad puppy voice towards the end.