Chapter 2

"Oh my GOD, how are his eyes so green!?" Caroline nearly shouted when the three of them made their way to their 2nd period class.

First period mostly consisted of the typical name games, getting to know each other and what not. They went around the class and everyone had to state five facts about themselves. Caroline's facts consisted mostly of her talking about her wardrobe or her part in the school as a whole to which everyone hummed when needed and clapped politely when she sat back down. It then came to Elena where she stood up reluctantly, stated her name, her hobbies, and her favorite colour because in that moment it felt like she knew nothing about herself.

Elena sighed and started talking "I saw him before we got to class you know. I fumbled like an idiot with my textbook and it fell on the floor. I went to go pick it up but he beat me to it, I was going to say something but the bell rang so I just thanked him and left."

At this point Caroline was beyond amused and had a wicked smile on her face and Bonnie was just smiling.

"So you have the hots for him... right?" Bonnie asked with a little too much enthusiasm.

"He is attractive, and his eyes are so green. When I saw him this morning I didn't even notice his face, I just stared at his eyes like a creep." Elena got put before she dramatically frowned.

"Oh come on, I saw him looking at you and licking his lips. Salvatore wants you, Elena! This is exciting! Make sure you dress extra nice and wear your hair up, it shows off your neck a lot more which is extra hot for guys, oh and wear short shorts! You better work those legs off for him, and not to mention you must bathe in your perfect perfume. And trust me, before the semester is over you will have him in the palm of your hand." Caroline said before grinning like an idiot at Elena.

Elena raised both her eyebrows and scoffed at her best friend and opened her mouth, but Bonnie began before she had the chance to.

"Caroline, take a breather, you are going to overwhelm the girl! Oh and Elena, yeah I agree, work those legs." Bonnie laughed.

"You guys come on; he's a student teacher for crying out loud. And plus, I don't even know him, he could be the biggest pretentious douche there is and I wouldn't even know it yet." Elena reasoned.

"Or he could be a sweet heart!" countered Caroline.

"Okay, anyways, can we forget about Salvatore for about 5 minutes? My dad invited some best friend of his for dinner tonight and he expects me to be picture perfect daughter for the night... I mean, he gave Jeremy the free card and told him to go out for the night." Elena complained.

"Yeah I would get Jeremy out of the house too; he isn't exactly picture perfect son." Caroline said.

Bonnie let out a sigh, she didn't like all this talk of Jeremy. It was making her feel nervous because she has secretly been seeing him behind Elena's back. It started in August about a month ago. Yeah she felt bad about it but she had to say something soon to Elena.

"You guys, he isn't that bad. At least he is out of his druggie phase. I mean, he is actually really sweet..." Bonnie trailed off when she was being watched by two curious eyes.

"Okay you know what, I am going to class and I shall see you guys third period at lunch!" Elena said before walking off to her next class.

XXXX

Stefan was walking to the office to drop the attendance off when his phone went off. He dug in his pocket, took out his phone and almost rolled his eyes when he saw the name.

"What do you want Nik?" He asked almost annoyingly.

"Nothing. Just checking up on my lad on his first day of school. By the way, Katherine is on the line with us."

Stefan laughed and stopped walking and he exited the building and went to sit on the bleachers just outside the school by the field.

Nik was Stefan's best friend. They knew each other since middle school when he moved here from Britain with his entire family. Despite his more annoying traits, Nik was more than trustworthy. Stefan could trust him with anything and same with Nik.

Katherine however, was a bit more complicated. She was once Stefan's ex, they dated for about a week before they kissed and realized that it was about equivalent to kissing a sibling. They just didn't work, and they mistook the love for real love. But ever since then they were inseparable. They hung out almost every day and went on wild adventures day after day.

"It's good, I like it. What are you guys up to?" Stefan asked.

"Nothing, I'm sitting here getting my nails done, waiting for you to finish with your school day darling." Katherine said mockingly. To that, Nik just laughed.

"Thanks for the note in the lunch mom!" Stefan taunted back with a hearty laugh.

"Make sure you eat your entire lunch sweetie! Including the crust." Katherine bit back and then hung up.

"Stef, buddy, let me know when you're done. I'll come pick you up and we can go out for a drink."

"Not tonight Nik, I'll call you later, bye..." With that Stefan hung up and made his way back into the school for the rest of the day.

XXXX

It was around 6 o'clock when Elena got home after school. She went to the mall with Caroline and Bonnie because Caroline needed something nice to wear for Tyler's birthday party on the weekend.

So now she was exhausted, but when she got home she saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway before it all registered.

"Shit..." she said under her breath. She almost forgot about dinner tonight. Luckily it was not that late.

She got in and quickly rushed upstairs and dropped her things off so she could freshen up before dinner.

She peered into Jeremy's room and saw it was empty. She started humming to herself before she made her way to the bathroom. She pulled her hair up into a pony and looked down while tying her hair before she turned the corner to enter the bathroom but collided with a strong chest.

She fell over and was on top of this muscular chest when she looked up and saw the very same green eyes she had been thinking about all day.

She couldn't help but notice how strong his arms felt as they were locked behind her back. She felt every line of his body against hers, and the scent of his body wash, mint gum, and cologne swirled in her head making it impossible to form coherent thoughts.

For Stefan, he could smell the passion fruit lotion on her olive skin, and he could smell her shampoo. She smelled amazing, and Stefan was sure he would never get that smell out of his brain now. He was broken out of his trance when Elena opened her mouth to speak.

"Wait, Salvatore?!" she half whispered half screamed while still lying on his chest.

"E-Elena?!" he countered back with equal fervor.