Chapter 19

Love is one of those things where you don't know where it stems from. It creeps up on you and makes itself at home within the deepest corners of your being.

It fills you, warms you, excites you, pulls you, and it engulfs you. All you feel is your every nerve ending and you feel every fiber of your being beginning to glow with this love and affection you feel.

When you're with the one, you never want to leave their side. You want to make yourself home in the darkest corners of them and watch them light up. You want to allow yourself to feel them and you want to feel the deepest parts of you come alive.

You want to erase every trace of sadness and despair and you want to lift them up higher than the sky. You want to lift them up the way they lift you up.

So when you are lying in bed with the one, you don't want to leave. You want to feel each other molding into one. You want to feel every curve of their body pressed against your own. You want to hold them. You want to touch each inch of their skin and leave your searing mark. You want to show how much you love them.

The sun was shining outside the window as Stefan and Elena lay completely tangled in each other in the closest way possible.

Stefan was laying on back with a sleeping Elena laying on his chest with her hair making a dark curtain around her. Her hair tickled each part that it touched along Stefan's body and he could have sworn that he felt each and every individual strand. He loved it. He loved feeling so close to the woman he loved.

Her head was resting in the crook between his neck and shoulder and her deep breaths of sleep were being blown over his collarbone. He felt her naked chest rise and fall against his as she inhaled and exhaled.

Her arm was wrapped around his waist and her hand was intertwined with his, while his one leg was trapped between her two. Stefan's left arm came to wrap around her back and was resting on her lower back.

It was around 6:50am when Stefan first began to stir, as the sun felt nice against the part of his chest that wasn't covered by Elena's body.

When Stefan awoke, he brought his left hand that was resting on Elena's lower back, upwards as he began to drag his fingertips across her back making patterns and designs.

Elena was awoken by the tingling and burning sensation that could only be caused by Stefan's touch. She smiled against his chest before she moved and before she opened her eyes.

Stefan felt that beautiful smile against his chest and instantly, he knew she was awake.

Elena stretched along his chest as Stefan began rubbing circles on her back.

Stefan wrapped both his arms around Elena before he moved down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I love you" he whispered in her ear, in that sleepy morning voice that she loved.

Elena felt her heart swell up with happiness. He was amazing and she would not be getting any better than this.

She smiled to herself like a silly girl before grabbed his hand and intertwined them before she whispered back to him, "I love you"

Elena moved away to stretch on his bed away from his embrace, but that only made Stefan whine from the loss of contact.

He groaned and whined like a child who just got his toy taken away before he rolled over on top of Elena and let his head drop on her chest, reversing their previous position.

Elena laughed and smiled at his neediness as she buried her face into his hair before running her hand through it.

Her hand ran down the back of his neck and across to his shoulder where she gently massaged it.