Chapter 18

Elena stood outside the door of the boarding house fixing her dress and checking her hair in the reflection of her phone as she held the purple flowers she got for Sofia.

Elena was beyond nervous. Why, she didn't know. It wasn't like it was the first time she was meeting Stefan's parents. But still, she was nervous because now they would be meeting her as their son's girlfriend.

Elena let out a breath of air before she rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open up the door. It was Sofia who opened up the door for her with a big warm smile.

"Hi dear! Come on in!" Sofia said warmly

Elena smiled back at her, it was hard not to. The aura of Sofia Salvatore was of such caliber, that it was a tad contagious.

"Thank you Mrs. Salvatore, these are for you" Elena said walking into the house as she handed the flowers to Sofia.

"They are beautiful, thank you so much Elena. And please, call me Sofia." Sofia said as she smiled at her and walked away leading the way into the house.

"Well, I believe this is the first time you are at our house? No?" Sofia asked as she began to put the flowers into a vase.

"Yes, it is. You have a beautiful home though, very spacious." Elena admired as she looked around.

"Why thank you" Sofia said as Giuseppe walked into the kitchen

"Nobody told me the party arrived" he complained as he walked into the kitchen

He walked on over to Elena before giving her a side hug as he kissed her head in a fatherly way.

"Hi dear, it's always a pleasure to see you. How is Grayson doing?" He asked as he sat down

"Hi Mr. Salvatore, thanks for having me. And dad is good, he was planning on going to the golf course tomorrow morning. So you're more than welcome to join him" Elena said smiling at the two.

"Why yes, I suppose I should go. I always beat your father anyways" He said winking at Elena while tooting his own horn.

"Where is the modesty? Then you scold Damon for the exact same behavior" Sofia said.

Giuseppe laughed and nodded. Yes, he supposed he was a bit hypocritical in that department. But that's what parents are for!

"Speaking of, where are my boys?" Sofia asked looking at the time on the stove. It was now 6pm.

"I believe Stefan is showering upstairs and Damon went to go pick up Katherine" Elena said while playing with her hands, looking down at her feet.

Sofia laughed, "Well you know the whereabouts of my sons better than I do myself!"

Elena laughed at that before she spoke, "I talk to Stefan a lot." She said simply.

Giuseppe was the one to speak this time, "How is my son treating you? Well, I hope." He asked

Elena smiled thinking about the way Stefan treats her. He treats her like she is his queen. With so much love, attention and care.

"Your son is amazing" Elena said with a smile

"Well, yeah. That I am" Elena heard coming from behind her. Elena turned around to see Stefan leaning against the kitchen doorframe looking like a Greek god.

You could see his muscles through the plain grey v-neck and my god did he look good. Elena was still staring at him when Sofia's voice broke up her attention.

"Well, I am going to go set the table up for some snacks. Giuseppe dear, help me. And Stefan, be a gracious host and show Elena around the house." Sofia said grabbing her husband's hand and dragging him out of the kitchen just so she could give them some alone time.