Chapter 23

"And I guess that is the end of class. Complete your reading and questions for tomorrow! Have a nice day." Stefan said to his new class as the bell rang, dismissing the kids.

When Stefan sat down in the desk beside his assigned teacher, he let out a deep breath. His first day had been grueling. The kids had been a lot more work than the kids back in Mystic Falls and the teacher was not involved. Not when he knew that he had a little student teacher running around doing his job so he could play Tetris on his phone all day.

"Long day there, kiddo?" Mr. Gordon asked Stefan as he sat down and took out his phone going through his messages.

"A bit different down in Mystic Falls than it is here." Stefan remarked not really into the conversation. The guy was a dick, and Stefan wanted to leave.

He opened up a text from Elena that she had sent an hour ago:

E: Good morning babe, I hope you have a great first day and I can't wait to see you in a couple of days. I love you xx.

Stefan smiled to himself as he read her message over and over. He truly was head over heels for this girl.

Just as he was about to respond to her text there was a knock on the door before a blonde stuck her head through the door.

"Stefan Salvatore?" The accented woman asked with a soft voice, yet hard and firm at the same time.

Stefan got up from his spot at the desk and walked on over to the door where the blonde chick waited patiently.

"Rebekah" Stefan said with a smile clearly happy to see her. He hadn't seen Rebekah in about 2 years and he was happy to see her.

"I heard the ever mighty Salvatore was in town." Rebekah mocked in her perfect British accent. No doubt her and Nik were related.

Stefan chuckled as he brought his hand up to scratch the back of his neck where his hair ended. He liked Rebekah, she was a good girl, but of course, she was also demanding and insensitive sometimes.

"Yeah well I'm here now, so things might start looking up around here." He said referring to the rude and unconcerned atmosphere created around the students of the school.

"They already are" Rebekah said looking into his eyes with a slight smile playing around her lips. Truth is, Rebekah will always have a soft spot for Stefan. Who wouldn't?

Rebekah moved closer to Stefan, close enough that he could smell her perfume and other scents that combined to make one strong essence she left wherever she went. She placed her hand on his strong chest and left it there for a while.

"Why don't we get some lunch before we have to be back" she said in an alluring tone hoping to catch his attention.

Stefan didn't think much of it. Rebekah was just being Rebekah. She was a harmless flirt with a huge heart made of gold.

"We?" He asked raising an eyebrow at her. He wasn't adamant about getting lunch, but them coming back together raised come curiosity in him.

"I work here, much like you. Nik didn't say?" Rebekah said trailing her hand across his chest and down his bicep until she let her hand fall back down to her side.

"No I guess he failed to mention it. So, how about that lunch?" Stefan asked with a smile as he turned to walk out of the building.

XXXX

"Elena I can't see him, no. I can't do it" Katherine reasoned as she sat in the ice cream parlor and shoved a spoon full of ice cream in her mouth.