Chapter 11

"Ma! Where are those boxers of mine you washed?" Screamed Stefan to his mother who was standing in the kitchen making breakfast before her dear little son was off to Barcelona.

"I think I put them on your bed Stefan!" She yelled right back.

It was now 7:40am and Stefan was barely awake and packing for his two week stay in Barcelona. He was excited about it because he got to witness the beauty of Spain, and of Elena. He was excited about spending more time with her, even though it would have to be strictly student teacher to student relationship. But that was only for the first week while they attended all mandatory tours, after that they had the next week all to themselves to explore the beautiful city. They had a curfew of 2am seeing how most of them are 18 and they would like to party. Ric had negotiated these rules with the school seeing how he wanted his students to enjoy themselves and not have to worry about time restrictions.

Stefan walked around his mess of a room before he finally found the boxers his mother had washed for him. Right when he was about to place them in the suitcase his phone buzzed. It was a text from Elena, and of course he broke out into a smile upon seeing "babe" flash across the screen with little heart emojis beside her name.

"Are you up yet sleepyhead?"

"Awake as ever, beautiful. Are you ready to go?" he responded before he set his phone down to put the remaining clothes in his suitcase.

Outside, Nik finally got out of the shower before he reluctantly walked to the kitchen when he smelled the eggs, bacon, and hash browns that Sofia had been cooking.

"Good morning mama Salvatore" Nik teased as he rubbed her arm softly.

"Morning, son. Why don't you sit down, I'll have your plate ready in a few. Mind calling that one from inside?" Sofia said as she was placing the bacon on his plate.

"STEFAAN" Nik shouted before he graciously took the plate Sofia was handing him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming" said Stefan as he walked into the Kitchen and sat down at the island on a bar stool.

"Are you all ready to go?" Sofia asked

"Yup, just need to pick something up at 8:30 before we go to the airport!" Stefan informed her.

"And what are you picking up?" Sofia asked

"Just a little something for the 12th" Stefan responded with a smile.

XXXX

Elena was loading up the trunk of Caroline's car with their stuff when Bonnie came by with her own suitcases.

"I don't think we have enough things" Bonnie teased.

"Oh please, you can never have enough things" Caroline laughed.

"So, Elena..." Bonnie said a bit warily.

"Mhm Bon?" Elena said looking up from her phone to look at Bonnie.

"Are you going to be sharing a room with us?" She asked with a little smirk.

"I sorta have to, you know" Elena scoffed.

"It'll SAY that you're in our room, but you don't HAVE to be there... if you know what I'm saying" Bonnie said with a hint of humor in her tone.