Chapter 1

Elena rolled around in bed dreading the first day of her senior year. It was now 7am and she had already gotten 3 calls from Caroline who had been freaking out over her outfit. Elena never really understood what the deal was with Caroline, she already had the football captain as her boyfriend, she already had her place as head cheerleader and she was also the president of Mystic High. Elena would not understand why Caroline tried so hard, she was already in the spotlight!

Elena got up and pulled her long brown hair into a ponytail so she could begin her day. She walked to the joint bathroom she shared with her brother and said a silent prayer that he wasn't locked up in it yet. Wait, who was she kidding? Jeremy would get up at 8:30 seeing as that's when school started. She shook her head and smiled at her little brother. She loved him dearly, but he had no sense of priorities.

After she was showered and ready to go, she bounced down the stairs wearing her jean shorts with a bright pink top that complimented her olive skin tone. As she was coming down the stairs she ran straight into her father.

"Dad! You can't just run into people like that, I'm not even awake yet, god." Complained Elena like a 12 year old. Grayson chuckled before he responded "Good morning to you too sweet heart."

Elena got her coffee and checked her phone; 1 missed call from Bonnie and 4 from Caroline. Great. Well she knew what Caroline probably needed so she went ahead and called Bonnie.

"Hello?" spoke a soft voice from the other end, "Hey, whats up? You called but I was in the middle of my shower." Elena said as she went to put her shoes on. "Yeah I am pulling up in your driveway right about now, come on out!" "Alright bye!"

"Bye mom! Bye dad! Send Jeremy to school before 8:30!" Elena yelled out before she got out the door.

Elena got into Bonnie's car and off they went for their first day of their senior year.

Bonnie was Elena's best friend, besides Caroline of course. They've known each other for their whole lives and there was nothing that they would not do for each other. They were there for each other after their first tooth loss, first time swimming, first time in middle school, first kiss, first boyfriend, and first heartbreak.

They arrive at school and the very first thing they see is Caroline running towards them with a wide smile on her face.

"OMG, I have the best news ever. There is a new student teacher here who is going to be in our history class with Saltzman." All this was said in one breath.

"Oh is this student teacher hot?" Elena asked curiously. "I have no clue. He's only 2 years older than us. That's not that bad is it?" Caroline said while looking at Elena.

"Care, you have a man might I remind you?" added Bonnie with a chuckle "Yeah, so? Where does it say that I cannot admire men?" Elena laughed before she made her way to her locker. She grabbed her history textbook and made her way to class with Caroline and Bonnie behind her talking about random things. Elena fumbled with her textbook and it hit the ground with a thud. She stood there letting out a big breath with a roll of her eyes already annoyed with her day.

Before she bent down to pick it up a hand beat her to it. She stood up straight and her big brown doe eyes made contact with a pair of striking green ones. She held his gaze for about 5 seconds before the bell rang and she thanked him and off she went to history.

She walked in and sat down still recollecting how those eyes bore into hers. She had never seen such green eyes. She then realized she didn't even see his face, she was so captivated by his eyes that it held all her attention.

Caroline and Bonnie came in and sat on either side of her still immersed in conversation. Elena was about to open her mouth to tell them about her encounter with the green eyes when Ric came in and began class. She knew Ric on a personal level outside of the history class so she was a bit more relaxed in his class. Ric was engaged to her Aunt Jenna and they were beyond happy.

Elena shut her mouth and paid attention to Ric while he was taking the attendance. As he was taking the attendance someone walked into the class with a side sling bag and a coffee mug. He was wearing a simple white button up shirt with a skinny black tie and black pants. He set his things aside and looked up at the class where his eyes met with Elena.

Elena gasped and dropped her pencil she was playing with in her hand. She was staring into those very same green eyes. He gave Elena a timid smile and head nod, to which Elena raised an eyebrow but smiled back.

"Everyone, this is our new student teacher and I'm gonna let him introduce himself." Ric said before he motioned this young man to begin.

"Hi everyone, My name is Stefan Salvatore and I am an English/History major, and I'm glad to be here. I hope we have a good year." He said with a hint of shyness.

Elena took this time to study his face. He was very attractive, no doubt about it. The way he spoke, and carried himself with class was something she did not see very often from guys at Mystic High. His defined jaw structure framed his face perfectly, his light brown hair tousled on the top on his head very carefully styled with ease from the looks of it, and then his lips. His lips were very pink and almost immediately Elena wondered what it would feel like to have them against her own. She looked down and blushed before she could let her thoughts go any further.

Elena felt a nudge on both sides of her from Caroline and Bonnie, while she heard a low whistle from Caroline.

"This is going to be my favorite class. Hello ." Caroline sang out low so no one else could hear.

Elena laughed quietly and the sound of her laugh caught Stefan's attention. He looked up to see her laughing and smiling and he could have sworn he had never heard something sweeter. Her big brown eyes were framed by her eyelashes, and her long brown hair was tucked behind one ear and flowed freely over her one shoulder. Her olive skin looked smooth and silky and he could have sworn he could have felt a tug at his heart. His look traveled down to her bag by her feet where he saw her white converse, and her long tan legs. He licked his lips ever so slightly before looking back at her face where she caught him looking at her.

She smiled and held his gaze before it was broken by Ric coughing and repeating her name. "Elena?"

"Yes, , I'm here..." Elena got out before she blushed and looked down at her desk. This was going to be a fun year she thought to herself.