Chapter 8

When Stefan got home he was bubbling with joy. His date had gone more than well and he was so glad to have spent more time with Elena and got to know her better. He obviously felt something for Elena and her presence alone was enough to affect his train of thought. The way her nose scrunched up when she giggled, or the way her eyes just lit up whenever a smile crossed her face was perfect. Her perfume was permanently etched into his brain. And the feel of her lips against his own was something he was not going to forget any time soon. They molded perfectly to his, and the way her hand fit perfectly into his own. Stefan felt like he was going crazy, he has not known Elena for long, yet what he's feeling is saying so much more.

Stefan quietly made his way to his room trying not to disturb, a surprisingly, sleeping Nik. He got into his room and it was dark and he slowly began to take his clothes off and he fell on his bed in his boxers, when he hit something, and that something yelped.

"Get off me right now Stef!" Katherine stage whispered.

"Kat what are you doing here" Stefan asked as he rolled off of her and onto the empty side of the bed.

"Ugh, I was out with your brother... and I wanted to talk to you about him." Katherine explained, while Stefan just gave her a look.

"Don't look at me like that you know Damon and I are bed buddies." She said in that Katherine-y voice of hers which was laced with the perfect combination of sexy and seductive. But when she began again, it wasn't laced with that seduction, rather it was vulnerability and it made Stefan's heart hurt because he never wants to hear Katherine like that.

"But, is it in my best interest if I feel something more, now? I mean, Damon is Damon. The sex is great but, he is also this sweet guy with the whole badass aura and somehow I can see beyond that... I'm starting to fall for him and it's scaring me... you know your brother the best...are these feelings in vain?" Katherine asked sounding broken almost.

Stefan moved over to grab her hand, before he began slowly "Kat, my brother could pretend to be the biggest ass in the world, but he is harmless. You know I want nothing but the best for you, and I care about you so much because you're my best friend. But if it's Damon you want, you need to be having this conversation with him...It's fine to be feeling these things, not everyone is going to leave you as broken as Kol did...Bring that guard of yours that is so high up, down a little. There is a beautiful girl in there, Kat... and she deserves to be loved..." Stefan said.

Stefan always knew the right thing to say. Katherine was in awe yet again over her best friend and his words. It was like magic with him, they just flowed so easily and sincerely that you know it comes from a place of pure sincerity. His words moved Katherine to tears thinking about what Kol had done to her after she had given him her all.

"Stefan, why are you so perfect and nice to me?" She asked with wonder and amazement.

"Something I was born with" he teased, "come on, get some sleep here. I'll go out on the couch." Stefan offered as he pulled the covers back and tucked her in as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Stef, how was your date" She asked, and you could immediately hear the shift in tone in her voice.

"It was perfect Kat, Elena is perfect." Stefan simply stated.

"Do I get to meet this Elena that has my boy so smitten? I mean, come on, if she wants to be with you, then she has to get to know me and put up with me because we are a package deal." Katherine said.

"Soon Kat, let me get to a good place with her first before I introduce the biggest pain in my ass to her." He joked as he dodged the book Katherine had in her hands that came flying at his head.