Chapter 10

A/N HEYY THERE!!! *slowly hides behind a big rock* ....IM SOWWWYYYYYY!!!! i have beeeen SUPER busy! Im studying like 4-5 hours ever single day so I barely get any time to update! I swear I will try be more organised with my time and read! GUESS WUT??? WERE UP TO 5.8K!!!! AHHHHHH! IS THIS FOR REAL?????????????? COZ I AM DYINGGGG! That's a little more than 1/20th of a 100,000!!!! WOOOOP! thankyou sooo much guys! I honestly cant thank u enough! Love u all! <3 

- Lish

Recap:

His minty breath fills the air around me and I know he is definitely leaning closer. I freeze and my eyes grow wide.  And my insides churn. I feel like time has just stopped and it's just me and him in this world right now, and he's inching closer, and closer and closer and he's almost....

"Well see ya Brandon!" I quickly say and turn around and  slam the door right in his face, like the jerk I am.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Then it hits me. What I just did. 

"Goshhh" I groan. 

I lean my back against the door and slide down till i'm on the floor. I bury my head in my hands and sigh deeply in furstration.

As soon as his breath came on me, a vision of a couple years ago, as I walked away from him forever and didn't even say goodbye properly. I can't do that to him...what if something else pops up and I leave again? That feeling, hitting my gut for the past years....I can't do that again! 

But he was the one who tried to....? I mean....we did have something...I admitt....but that was years ago....Why me? I don't understand...maybe it was just the moment! 

"NIKKI!!!!! DID U GUYS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS?????" Brianna exclaims excitedly as she jumps up and down. She freezes when she sees me. "...Did you...?" she says, curiousty creeping through. 

Nosy child isn't she? 

"Brianna...Im really not in the mood for this!" I say as I jump up, and push past her. I quickly get in bed and snuggle up. I hear brianna's footsteps trailing behind me, she opens my bedroom door a little bit, and I quickly shut my eyes. She then slowly closes the door, leaving me in pitch black darkness. I close my eyes and lie down on my back, but I don't fall alseep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At around 2:00am I get up for a glass of water. Brianna has fallen asleep on the couch, curled up around a cushion. The TV is still on and I carefully wriggle the remote out of Brianna's grip and switch it off. Then I am left in complete darkness.

I feel my way through the living room trying to find the switch. Then suddenly I hear a deep roaring sound. 

I quickly spin to where it's coming from. Suddenly my palms are sweating and I can hear my heart pounding soo hard, I swear it's gonna burst from my chest. My breaths are heavier and I look around me as my eyes slowly adjust to the darkness. It comes again.

"Who's there?" I shout, with a voice as brave as I can muster. 

No reply.

I slowly make my way to the door, which seems to be where it's coming from. I trip on Brianna's school books and let out a little yelp. I quickly cover my mouth afriad I will wake Brianna. 

I hear shifting outside, and I back up.

"Whoever you are, please go away! Or I will call the cops!" I say. my voice trembling. 

I slowly make my way back. But then I feel jeans brush up against my leg. I scream and jump. But then I realize it's only my denim bag. Then I hear more shifting outside and then theirs a hammering on the door. I scream in terror. I run towards Brianna and shake her awake. She looks up at me, with sleepy eyes. 

"Nikki?" she whispers sleepily. 

I put my finger on her mouth and plead with my eyes for her to stay quiet. She looks confused then slowly nods. Then there's a loud bang on the window and Brianna and I both scream louder, Brianna starts to cry and her eyes show pure fear. I pull her to me, as she whimpers. We huddle up behind the couch. Both of us shaking with fear. Briannas chin quivers as she tries to hold in her cries.

I get up and tell Brianna to stay put. She tries to protest but I stop her. I slowly walk over to the front door. I gather al my courage and slowly creep open the door. I see a large figure running towards me. And I scream with fear. Suddenly I am enveloped in someones arms. Huh? What's going on here? Why....? 

"Brandon...?" I ask.

"Yeah! Nikki Are you okay? I heard you screaming, so i banged on the windows and I tried to bust open the door....but it's a lot harder than it looks..." he says sheepishly.

"OH GOSH! That was you?? You scared the hell out of me!" I exclaim. I sigh in relief.

"What were you doing here?" I ask.

"Oh...umm...I fell asleep at your doorstep..after earlier on...." he says and rubs the back of his head. I step away awkwardly as I realize I am still in his arms.

I bite my lip in guilt. An awkward silence hangs in the cold night air. 

"Do you wanna come inside?" I offer, breaking the silence. His eyes light up for a second, but then he shakes his head sadly. 

"Umm...thanks for the offer but I should get going!" he says as he walks away towards his car. "Cya tomorrow!" he calls.

I go back inside and rub my arms up and down. The guilt slowly eats me away. 

He's soo nice to me, and what do I give him in return? I hear his car start up and drive away outside, I go to Brianna who was watching from the window. 

'Go back to bed Brianna, it was nothing!" I say, and smile at her weakly. 

"Can I sleep with you tonight Nikki? Im scared!" she whimpers.

"Sure thing!  Come on!" I say and we both get in my bed and snuggle up. After a minute of two Brianna goes out and her breathing evens. Though I just stare up at the ceiling. What a night! 

A/N That's it , sorry for the sucky chapter...I didnt have time for any editing!! :) Please vote and comment! Thanks for reading!