Chapter 17

(Please read A/N at the end of story, VERY important) 

I get up and stalk over to the phone. And my finger having their own mind, dial Brandon's number, instead of calling the police. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

"Hello?" his voice drowsy, like he just woke up. Oh wait, shit, he did just wake up...I bite my lip as I realize I had called Brandon in the middle of the night. 

"Hellooo??"he says, his tone annoyed now. I freeze unable to make my lips move.

"Hi, it's..uh...me, Nikki." I manage to say.  "Could you, um, maybe come over? We need to talk like right now." I plead, hoping he notices the urgency in my voice. 

"Nikki?" he exclaims. "Uh yeah sure, I'll be there in five, everything alright?" genuine concern, showing through his voice.

"....Just please come."I plead, swallowing the lump in my throat, and hang up on him. I then call the police and report the incident to them.

No later than one second, I hear a sharp knock on the front door. I frantically run towards the entrance and swing it open. Brandon's confused, yet sleepy face greets me. I can tell by the dark circles underneath his eyes, I disrupted his sleep. I can't help myself but launch myself into his arms as a wave of familiarity washes over me. He seems shocked at first, but then responds and wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in tighter. I seem to forget all that he's done to me, forgiving him  and melting into his embrace. Then suddenly the pain of losing Brianna hits me, and I bury my head into the crook of his neck, and sob. 

"Nikki? What's wrong?" he says, his voice gentle, as he tenses as wraps his arms around me tighter. He pulls back a little to look me in the eye. His eyes widen as he sees my swollen eyes, and more tears leaking down my cheek. 

"Brianna." I say, and that's all I manage, before I break down in tears again, burying my head into his chest once more. 

This time he pulls away, his gaze hard. "What happened to Brianna?" he asks, furrowing his brow.

I bite my lip, and motion with my head for him to follow me. I stalk up the stairs and take him to Brianna's room and he takes in the scene in front of him. He walks over to the note and picks it up, his eyes quickly scanning the words. I see his grow visibly tense and he reads them, then puts it down. He puts his head in his hands and lets out a choked sob. My eyes widen at his outburst. 

I go over to him and pat his back, unsure how to react. He looks up at me. 

"I'm sorry, I'm not really this good with situations like these....have you called the police?" he asks. I nod my head. 

"They're on their way."

"I'm sorry Nikki, they'll pay...whoever did this."he says, unable to meet my eyes. "Do you need anything?" he asks. 

"Um yeah, that's not the reason I called you..." I speak. uneasily. He looks up at me, raising a questioning brow, he nod his head, indicating me to go on. "I need answers Brandon. And I know you can give them to me." I say, and take a step back from him. Suddenly all the previous events rushing back to me.

"Is this about Mackenzie?" he asks, biting his lip, and staring at the floor, which suddenly looked very interesting too him. 

"No. But something she's involved in. And I get the feeling you are too." I speak slowly, taking in his reaction. I see the colour drain from his face, and his face visibly drops as he takes in my words. "Don't deny it. I know you know what I'm talking about."

"Look Nikki, it's best..if you stayed outta this...."he says.

"That's what she said!" I exclaim in frustration. (A/N that wasn't supposed to sound like that woops) 

Then I hear another sharp knock on the door, and I turn to look at Brandon. 

"I don't know what's happening, or what you're involved in, but I know this is somehow linked to my sister disappearing. And I want to know every single detail. My sister means the world to me...she's all I have...We'll continue this." I speak, before clearing my throat and running down towards the door. 

A/N Yikes, soz for the late update!  I'm sorry is this sucked, but ah I'm writing this in the toilet...don't ask...and well i've rushed it! I just wanted to get an update up, cause its been so long, but I'll probs edit this later. You're probably super confused right now, but it will clear up in the next couple of chapters. OMG this story is moving so slow, at this rate, this story's probably gonna end up having like 50 chapters! Also sorry, this again, is unedited so ignore any mistakes, or if it's just sucky in general lol. 

Also alsooo, important thing. Okay so I noticed I have 92 followers??! So I decided when I reach 100 followers, I'm willing to do a little contest thingy. Okay so here are the rules and how to enter and stuff. 

So when I hit 100, I'm gonna hold a little raffle (I'll put the users who commented on this chapters usernames in a hat and draw out a name). and well the winner gets

- A follow from me (lol I know sucky prize, but there's more stuff too)

- A dedication and shoutout

- A one shot, of your choice, so like if you say "Branikki at the beach", I'd write one chapter of them at the beach and you can have yourself as a character and all that stuff. I'll talk to the winner on pm. 

And lol that's it really....well it will be good fun! :) So If you wanna enter just comment on the story and I'll put your username in to the raffle! :) Also remember this is once I hit 100 followers, so I'l draw the names once I get 100! So make sure to hit that follow button! 

Vote, Comment and follow as usual

- xoxo Lish