Chapter 18

Recap: 

"I don't know what's happening, or what you're involved in, but I know this is somehow linked to my sister disappearing. And I want to know every single detail. My sister means the world to me...she's all I have...We'll continue this." I speak, before clearing my throat and running down towards the door. 

~~~

It's about five in the morning, yet I lay awake in bed. The police came and left about an hour ago. But somehow in the put of my stomach I know this isn't something so simple that could be solved just by the police. My eyes burn from exhaustion, and keeping them open is a struggle. As tired as my body is, my mind is racing. The only thing on my mind is Brianna. My lost sister. 

Oh how disgraced mum would be of me. I lost my baby sister. I lost her. And I'm the only one to blame. Tears prick at my eyes, and I don't protest and let them roll down my cheek, wetting the pillow underneath. Somehow I find myself drifting off to sleep. 

I see Brianna sitting on the sandpit, as she furiously digs into the sandpit, trying to make a castle. Her large hat flops over her eyes, and she tilts her chin as far back as she can and looks at me. She smiles widely, showing me her dimples. The sun shines onto her bright eyes, and they show happiness. I throw my head back and laugh, as I walk towards her. 

Then, with every step I take, I notice the sandpit slowly turning into a grey cement floor. The bright sky turning into a dark ceiling, with water dripping off. And the look in her eyes, turns to fears, and her laughs suddenly becomes a cry. A cry of fear.  "Nikki. You didn't save me." she whimpers, as the darkness of the room swallows her. I open my mouth to talk, but no words come out as I sob soundlessly. 

I bolt up awake, and notice my sheets soaked with sweat. It was just a dream. I check the clock next to me to see it's only 5:52. I have ages to sleep. But I force myself to stay awake, even though I know I will be a mess tomorrow morning, even though, I'd rather be a mess than see a horrific dream like that again. The morning sky peeps through the curtains and I slowly rise from the bed. I grip the glass of water on my bedside table with shaky hands, but the glass slips through my sweaty hands and lands with a crack on the wooden floor. I groan in frustration, but don't bother cleaning it up. I grab the book instead, and start to read, and get sucked in. But soon the story twists into my dream and I find myself asleep once more. 

When I wake up once more, I know it's late. By the warm sun shining through, I know its very late. I can't possible make it on time on the bus. Without realizing what I'm doing I find myself calling Brandon.

"Hello? Brandon?"

"Hey Nikki, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, would you mind picking me up? And uh..maybe go together to class...I woke up really late so I missed the bus, I'm sorry never mind, I shouldn't have asked. I'm sorry." I ramble into the phone as I hear his deep voice chuckle. 

"I can pick you up, be ready in 5." he says and hangs up the phone. 

True to his word, just 5 minutes later I hear his car beeping. I run into his car and click my seat-belt on.

"Brandon we need to talk." I say as I turn to face him. 

He nods hesitantly and gulps. 

"I want you to explain what exactly is going on. And if this is related to my sister disappearing and how are you and Mackenzie involved in this?" I says and let out a bug breath of relief, as I feel a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. 

"Erm...Well where do I start? Okay so well I want you to know...both me and Mackenzie are doing none of this under our free will." 

I nod, scared of what's to come.

"So it all comes way back to your father. I don't know the exact detail of this, but I know that some crazy dude wants revenge on your father, I don't know why. Your dad did something to this man, that he is on the verge of craziness. He was in a mental asylum all these years, until a couple years back he got released. He was searching for your father for your years, but he couldn't find him anywhere. But then...he found you and your sister. He thinks getting rid of you will hurt your father so badly, and therefore clench his thirst for revenge." he says, and gives my hand a squeeze. 

I sit there speechless, taking all the information in. Suddenly it all makes sense, like I finally figured out the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle. It all fits. 

"That's why...that's why my dad left us right? So he could go in hiding himself?" I say, as tears threaten to spill.  Brandon looks at me and slowly nods, giving me a sympathetic look. I take in a deep breath and push my hair back out of my eyes. I feel sadness wash over me, sadness as the realization hits me. But not for long, soon my sadness turns into anger and despise for my father. 

"So he just left his two daughters to possible get killed from this guy while he ran off and saved his butt? And he didn't even give us a warning?" I scream, but soon break in tears, as I bury my face into my hands. Brandon slowly reaches across rubbing my back. 

"Yeah." He responds simply. 

"But wait....where do you come in, in all of this? How do you know all of this information and how are you involved?" I say, frowning slightly as it all doesn't add up. As soon as I speak, his face pales, and I know what is to come isn't something I would wanna hear. 

"Just to remind you. I didn't want this okay? I didn't want any of this! I like you okay? So please just remember that after I tell you this." He begs me, and I find myself frozen.  

"Just tell me." I speak, emotionless, as he takes in a deep breath. 

"Adam hired me to find you." he says, and looks at me with those warm brown eyes. The same eyes I trusted for years, but now the trusts shatters into pieces as he speaks those words. 

A/N

I know this chapter was sad. :( Lets all cry together. But don't make assumptions just waittt till the next chapter kay! Im sorry if this was kinda confusing so lemme just sum it up. So what Nikki finds out is that some random crazy dude Adam is after her, cause his father did something to him that made him go crazy. And he wants revenge, but he can't find her dad (cause he left remember? and no one knows here he is) soo he seeks revenge on Nikki and Brianna. And he already has brianna. And it turns out Brandon is hired by that dude looking for Nikki.  Hopefully that clears up any confusion. If not, just ask in the comments :)

Okay so the raffle. I know have 107 followers! YYAYYYYAYYAY!!!!! THIS IS SO AWESOMEE! OMG! So as promised I did the raffle, and I did draw a name... And the winner was.....

gracie_face101

CONGRAGULATIONS!! :) So I just followed you and dedicated this chapter to you gracieface, and here's the shoutout:

ANYONE READING THIS GO AND CHECK HER OUT!! SHE HAS A BOOK AND IT'S AMAZING! <3 (really, and if you don't follow her I will not be very happy )

Also gracieface, you get to choose the topic of a oneshot, that I will write (will be posted in this book, before the next chapter) . And would you sending me a private message about 

- what you want it to be about 

-  characters

- time and place etc.

Thanks to everyone who entered, I'll do another one when I reach 150 followers! :) Ily all! <3

Vote, Comment and Follow as usual! xoxo

- Lish :)