Chapter 16

Recap:

Well now I know as soon I get out of this hospital, who I'm going to. The only person who may have the answers to my questions.

The one and only Brandon.

_________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a week since I got out of hospital, yet I still haven't seen Brandon. I just don't have the guts to face him again. He has broken my heart into millions of pieces without even meaning to. I sigh as I swing my legs over the side of my bed and take a pain killer.

"There is stuff I know, that you don't need to know! It will only make things worse!"  

I play back her words, still fresh in my mind, for the millionth time in my head. What stuff? And what has this got to do with me? I need answers, and I'm gonna get them, even if there's only one person I know who can give them to me, and if the tiny pieces of my already broken heart, break into even smaller pieces, so be it. 

Tomorrow morning. I swear. I'll go up to him and ask him the questions. 

I'm just about to lie back down in bed, when I hear a muffled scream from the other side of the house. I bolt up and shoot out my room and into the hallway.

"Brianna?" I call. 

I don't hear anything else, as I creep through the dark hallways, the floorboards creaking with my steps.

I swear if it turns out to be Brandon again...he is dead to me. 

That's when I hear another scream, a scream as familiar to me as my own. 

I dash towards Brianna's room, as fast as my legs can take me.

DAMN MY PHYSICAL SKILLS! 

As I reach her room, I am completely out of breath.

"Brianna?" I scream, grabbing on to hinge of her door. 

My blood runs cold as I take in the sight in front of me. Brianna's bed is empty, and the window's wide open and cold wind flows into the room.

No, no, no. 

Brianna.

My baby sister.

No, no, no, no!

I run towards the window, and look outside, but Brianna's nowhere to be seen. Then a folded piece of parchment, taped onto the dressing mirror, catches my eye. I run over to it and rip it off. My hands trembling with fear. 

__________________

One down,two to go.

Don't blame me Nikki.

I had to. 

_________________

I drop the note onto the floor, unable to take this all in.  I wanted my baby sister back. She's all I had. I tug at my hair and shriek , then I let out an ear piercing scream. My eyes clouded with tears, my breaths shaky. 

All I could feel was fear for my sister, and where she was. I remember her screaming for help, screaming for me but I was too late. I was unable to save her. And because of me, who knows what condition she's now? She's probably all scared, alone. She shows herself as a brave girl, but I know deep inside she's still that little girl. I was too late to save her. I take a seat on her bed, and let all the tears flow out. 

Then all I see is red. Red for the hatred towards whoever took my sister. They would pay. And I know they will be coming back. There job here isn't done. They want me too. And somehow I know this incident was somehow connected to "the stuff I don't know. "

Two to go

What other poor soul will suffer such a terrible fate?  I jump up, and scrunch the note up in a ball and chuck it at the mirror. I go up to the mirror, and see my reflection staring back at me.

You failed, you let your baby sister get taken away. 

Rage takes over me, and I punch the mirror, shattering into bits. Resembling my broken heart. My knuckles go red, and I back away from my broken reflection, scared of the demon that just took over me. 

I get up and stalk over to the phone. And my finger having their own mind, dial Brandon's number, instead of calling the police. 

A/N *sobs* Ahhhhhh poor Briannaaaaaaa! :( a lotta drama in this chapter aye? Well I've gotta start getting towards the plot! This is alll leading up to something big, and yes I know Nikki's an idiot for not calling the police lol, well trust me, the police wouldn't even be able to do anything about this! Dang I just kinda gave a spoiler.... MORE BRANIKKI MOMENTS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! YAYYYYYYY! Alsoooo OMG! Have you seen the amount of reads we've gotten??? Thankyou all soo much! ILY!!!! Anyways, its midnight sunday night and I got school tomorrow ..woops....anyways Good Night! 

Vote, Comment and Follow! :) 

And make sure to comment a lot for an early update! :)