Chapter 5

A/N ELLOOOOO PEEPS! Sowwy I haven't updated for a while...I swear I say that every single time! XD 

Recap: The rain has stopped pouring...atleast on me. All this seems so familiar...like two memories mushed into one...I wipe my tears and my nose with the sleeve of my shirt.  I look up a bit and recognise those icy blue eyes looking down at me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the? OMG!  No way! This can not be happening to me today! AGAIN! Am I like gonna meet all my middle-school people again? And out of all of them, it had to be her? Her! Yes! Mackenzie Hollister! The girl who made my middle-school experience a night mare! She is the queen of bullies. And I know it's silly being sorta afraid of her now, I mean we were kids back then and now we have grown up, matured and that was all silly stuff! But I have had enough middle-school memories piking up again for today!

"M-m-mackenzie?" I stutter,

"Mhmmm....Nikki? Right?" she says in her soo familiar yet soo un heard of voice.

But there is something in her voice that sounds much much different! Like she isn't just talking to a piece of gum that she scraped of her designer boots, l feel like she is actually talking to a person for once!

"It's been a really long time, Where did ya go? Even your man, Brandon, didn't know." she says with a slight chuckle as she takes a seat next to me.

I feel a blush spreading through my cheeks at the mention of Brandon's name. Oh lord! Please don't let her see! I would dieee if she even noticed a slight tinge of red! But I have a feeling my cheeks have gone much, much worse than just a slight tinge!

"Some stuff popped up...and it was out of control...-" I wonder off, debating in  my head whether I should tell her or not but she cuts me off.

"It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it. I understand there are some things that are kept private,"

"........" I don't reply and an awkward silence hangs in the air.

"Look I am sorry if that last question offended you...I was just a but curious....that's all."

Why is she being so nice to me? I know we were young and immature...but truth be told..I was NOT expecting this reaction!

As if reading my mind she speaks up.

"I know this is slightly weird..I mean with how I used to torture you...but Nikki I have come to apolagize! i was foolish and I didn't think of the affect it would be having on other people, all that mattered to me back then was being the queen bee and the most popular kid.I'm sorry Nikki! I truly am!". As she speaks I see a huge weight being lifted off her shoulders. She takes a deep breath and I swear she is on the verge of tears!

"Mackenzie....I......" I trail off not knowing how to respond, and just standing there looking at her.

"Maybe it's a bit too early..seing as I just met you after years...but think about it Nikki...I would like to start over and hopefully forget the past..if you are willing to...." she stares at me hard. "I should get going now! It was nice catching up with you and if you ever wanna forgive and forget and start again as friends who just met...then that would be very nice..." and with that she strodes off with her heels clicking away.

I am about to call out to her, to tell her she forgot her umbrella but she has already left. 

I sit there in a stunned silence. Never in a million years did I ever think that Mackenzie! Mackenzie Hollister would ask forgiveness from ME! What is happening in this world?And know I am sitting here feeling like the bad guy cause I can't bring myslef to forgive her just yet! I need time! And I know I sound mean, but I can't trust her! What if she is just acting and trying to trick me? Like the old mackenzie would! What if this another one of her mean schemes to shatter me? I just can't be sure yet! 

I pick up my bag and stuff mackenzies umbrella in it...next time I see her...I walk slumped through the rain, each foot feeling like a boulder. Too overwhelmed by all these memories that are coming rushing back to me....the memories I have tried to keep from even myself, it's about time I realise I can't hide something for myself, I am just gonna have to face it and go through it, like I have with all of life's problems.

A/N I hope you enjoyed and I am realizing that this is becoming a bit deep and sad...sorry can't help it! I will try my best to keep it a bit happier like the actual book! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! XD