Chapter 20

A/N Lmao hi. It's lish again hahahahahHHAHAH. Okay so well, seeing so many people want more, I think I will give it another go and try updating? (yay????) I will be trying to wrap it up as soon as possible though and just get the story out of the way. HOPE YOU GUYS STILL REMEMBER ME. So any whooooo ENJOY. 

RECAP well basically a summary so far (since a lot of you have probably forgotten)

-Nikki in college, living alone w/ Brianna. Bumps into Brandon (SPARKS FLY ONCE AGAIN) and Mackenzie, and Marcus is now her BFF. 

 -Nikki's mum is dead and her dad ran away to save himself from a crazy dude called Aaron who is after her dad bc he did something that is UNKNOWN at the moment. Aaron is now after Nikki and Brianna for revenge on their dad.

- Aaron THE CRAZY LITTLE SHIT HIRES BRANDON TO FIND NIKKI. But Brandon was unaware at the time of hiring that Nikki would be the girl he'd have to hunt down.

-Brianna is kidnapped by Aaron

- Brandon reveals to Nikki that Aaron hired him to find her. Both are upset, Nikki runs off and Aaron, disguised as a little girl, find her and kidnaps her. :) 

SO YA ENJOY THIS CHAPTER :) 

---

I wake up with the smell of rusted iron and a metallic blood scent lingering in the air. I blink to adjust to the darkness and find myself trapped in the backseat of a large four wheel drive. Large ropes tie me against the seat and my mouth taped shut. My first response is to struggle in a moment of panic.My head is pounding and I writhe against the rope. I try to scream and shout but they come out muffled. 

 The windows of the car are tinted, but the outside was visible and I catch a glimpse of the night , twinkling with stars and a lonesome playground swinging by itself. We were still in the park, parked underneath a tree. 

I find wet tears rolling down my cheek and I howl to myself. 

That is when a mop of brown shaggy hair suddenly looks back at me with sleepy and confused eyes from the front seat.

Brandon. 

Millions of questions form in my head, but most of all there is a blinding rage. I try to throw my fist at him, but they are blocked by him. 

"Nikki please, try to calm down. " he says in an urgent whispered tone. 

I shout in return but they are only muffled. He just watches me with sad eyes. "Please try to understand Nikki." he whispers, his voice wavering. 

After struggling for a few minutes, I settle down with a large sigh and allow more tears to roll down my cheek. Brandon reaches his hand forward as if to wipe them away, but pauses midair when he catches my venomous expression. 

"I was desperate," he whispers. Seeing my more calm expression he continues. "I met Aaron one day after school when he caught me crying and kicking at a wall after I found out about grandma's condition. He offered me money and I took it. I just did all of his dirty work and he paid me for it. I didn't know what I was getting into. A lot of the stuff he made me do was illegal, even after my grandma passed, I was bound to him. The law couldn't help me, I'd broken almost every rule it has. I didn't have any money of my own. He was my only choice." he said in a choked cry. "Please forgive me, I never knew it was you who I'd have to hunt when he offered me the mission. I needed the money, my landlord's about this close to kicking me out. Yet If I had known it was you, I'd have just ended up on the streets, I'd never do this willingly." he cries.

I don't speak, only stare at him, conflicted. 

Almost as if reading my thoughts he quickly adds. "Mackenzie's not my girlfriend by the way. Aaron just wanted you in a weak state and he thought you felt something for me.", he says not fully meeting my eyes. "Mackenzie, well...she has helped me. She's not that bad you know. After she moved out of her parent's house to be more independent, we met up and I introduced her to Aaron. I didn't fully understand what I was doing back then. I'd never have gotten her into this if I knew.", he cries, his voice heavy with guilt.

"I'm gonna remove the tape from your mouth okay? Please don't make any noise." he pleads. He reaches forward and slowly peels away the tape, the tips of his fingers cold on my heated face. The moment it's off, he watches me with a worried expression. "Well?", he asks nervously. 

"Are you going to let him take me?" I ask with more emotion than I had planned on. 

"No, no, of course not. I need to build up Aaron's trust first. We can't escape right now, he has got several guards patrolling this area. The only hope for escape is back at headquarters, when he thinks you're willing to corporate. You need to play along with whatever I say okay?" he asks with raised eyebrows, "I'm done with this shady business. I want out. For sure.", he says. 

I nod silently in response, too shocked to answer. 

I let it all crush in, and find more tears falling on my face. I can't reach forward to wipe them as my hands were still tied so I don't bother hiding them. I sniffle before breaking out into full shaking sobs. Brandon's eyes soften, and he slowly crawls back into the backseat next to me. He puts his arms around me awkwardly and engulfs me. I relax into him and don't fight him

"I can't fully let you go okay?  Or Aaron will get suspicious."

I nod. 

A loud thump as the window next to me, makes us both jump out of our seats. The glass shatters at the second blast, and sprays me. 

Standing their with incredulous eyes was my father. 

I'm sorry if this sucks. Actually no - this most definitely sucks I just really want to get this over and doneeee withh.