Chapter 14

We trudge behind her in the alleyways, our footsteps like thunder compared to the faint click click of her shoes far off in a distance. Marcus trips on his own feet a couple of times, but I manage to keep him going.

She pulls her hood up tighter, and re adjusts the papers under her right arm, and goes to the parking lot. She looks around for anyone watching then quickly gets into a black four wheel drive with tinted windows and drives off.

Me and Marcus quickly come out from behind the bin, we were hiding while she got in the car, and rush to his own car, and get in, trailing Mackenzie.

"Nikki! Why were are we following Mackenzie?"Marcus asks narrowing his eyes at me.

"Because...something's not right about her....Marcus just drive." I beg.

"No. Not until you tell me.."

"I don't know myself okay?! She's been acting strange lately, and her behaviour is quiet suspicious! She walked outta the examination halls with papers, and even earlier...shes been acting so bipolar!"

Marcus raises his eyebrow at me, in doubt, wearing down my patience.

"Follow her!" I say, pointing towards the black car which was now exiting the parking lot.

She turns into Vincent street, also known as "The Passerby Street". This was the street that always seemed to go un noticed by any passerby for some unapparent reason. Only the people who knew of it's existence would notice it.

Why there of all places? Mostly criminals lurk there, as police has a less chance of showing up. I feel my palms sweat with nervousness, as we turn into the street, and the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the street, takes over the car. The radio signals start to weaken, and a static noise starts to come, so Marcus shuts it off.

Sure enough when I look down and check my phone, there were no signals.

My shoes soaked with water from the rain, moisten up around my feet, which was quiet uncomfortable, so I wriggle them off and toss them to the back, which gets an eyebrow raise from Marcus.

I lean forward on my seat, getting a clear view of the car ahead, and shuffle my feet forward, and bring my bum to the very edge of the seat.

Then I feel something warm and squishy beneath my toes, and as I look down I see a brown blob of something gooey.

My eyes widen and I let out an ear piercing scream.

"EW EW EW EW!" I scream.

"What?" Marcus calls looking over at me, currently freaking out to his side.

"ON MY FEET! EW!"

"Nikki! Calm down! It's chocolate ice cream!" he says nonchalantly.

This however doesn't calm me down and I continue to freak, I grab a hold of Marcus's arm and pull him towards my side, sub consciously.

Marcus screams for the first time (quiet high pitched) and panics.

He quickly turns the steering wheel to the other side. to prevent us from crashing into a building, but instead the car goes the other way, this time with more force and we crash into the building, my ears ringing with the impact.

And that's when everything goes black.

A/N Short Chapter! :P

If you guys want updates on when I'm updating this book, just hit the follow button on my profile and I will tell you when it's gonna be updated!

11k! SQUEEEEEEEE! Thankyou soooooo much guys! xoxo

Also I know that Nikki is kinda outta character...but you gotta take in the fact that she is much older in this, so she's matured.

Also just outta curiosity...how old are you guys? I'm 13! XD

And don't be a ghost reader!

Vote, Comment and Follow! :) xoxo