Chapter 9

A/N Umm...hey! Hehheheh *nervous laugh*. I know i know, I haven't updated since like forever!  I just get so lazy! But then I checked in the morning and saw I was up to 3.5k reads!!YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!! And I was like hey I gotta update today! Thank you to all the people who read and comment and vote!!  Hope you enjoy!!! 

Recap:

"SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!!!!" Brianna wails. I stand there frozen but then snap back into reality and run over and get the fire extinguisher. I break the glass and grab the extinguisher, DANG NO ONE TOLD ME HOW HEAVY THESE THINGS ARE! I drag it over to the kitchen and quickly spray the kitchen stove. Once it's out, I out my hands on my knees and take a deep breath. I quickly gather myself and I'm about to yell at Brianna, when I notice Brianna standing over with her mouth on her hands and pointing at something on the floor. I look over only to see Brandon...passed out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT THE FUDGE CAKE?? HOW DID HE PASS OUT????

"IS HE DEAD????????? NOOOOOOOOO". Brianna wails dramatically.

"What?! NO! He is NOT dead! He just passed out!...I think...."I say as I quickly rush over to him and kneel down to  check his heart beat. 

"All clear!" I exclaim as I get back up.

"Phew! What a night!" I say and wander around the kitchen and look at the huge mess.   I pick up the fire extinguisher. 

"JEEZ! They should make these things a little lighter! What if a little kid needs to use one?" I say as I pick up the fire extinguisher and it yanks my arm yet again.

"Umm Nikki...Brandon is still passed out..and it's pretty hard trying to hold in the temptation to draw a moustache on his face!".

"Oh right!" I say and look at the fire extinguisher, then at Brandon, then at the fire extinguisher and than back at Brandon. I weigh out the pros and cons in my head then without a second thought spray him with it. 

He immediately springs back to life. He looks around, and I can see the gears working in his head, as the events slowly come back to him.

"Hey! What did you do that for? Didn't think of...I dunno...just sprinkling some water?" he says as he wipes his face. I chuckle. 

"Yeah, but it wouldn't have been as funny!" I say. He smiles his goofy smile, the smile that is as  familiar to me as my own is but still gives me shivers. 

"All this from just me going over to dinner at a friends house?" he says as he brushes his bangs out of his eyes and looks around the mess.

"Well you know us, you should be use to this crazy!" I say as I slowly walk over to him and offer him a hand. He takes it and I pull him up. 

He gives a half-hearted chuckle and brushed himself. 

"Oh don't worry I am, that roach mobile of your dad's, tops everything!". he says cooly, but as soon as the words escape his mouth I can tell he regrets them, by the way he freezes and his eyes go big.

'"Oh my gosh! I am soo sorry...erm...I didn't think!" he says and whacks himself on the head. 

"Don''t worry! You can talk about him! He was just a jerk, I don't really care for him anymore.". I shock myself, by how cooly I managed to say this. No this is not true, Of course I care for him! He's my dad, and as much of a jerk he is, I would do anything to see that silly old roach mobile, of his, or the way he would dance around at work! I sometimes find myself wondering, if he misses us, if he cares for us.  I shake my head at my silly thoughts. If he even cared for us the slightest bit, he wouldn't abandon us like that. Lonely, hungry, starving and worst of all helpless.

As I leave my train of thoughts, I look up to see Brandon staring at me. I almost forgot he was there. He turns away and blushes when he realizes I just caught him. 

"Hehehhe!" a high pitched voice giggles. 

"Brianna..." I warn her sternly. 

She runs off, but I hear her singing "Nikki, and cootie guy, sitting in a tree...." 

"BRIANNNA!!!!"I shout. Blushing at her little joke.

"I - I should leave.." he mutters, and his ears have turned pink. 

"Right!...." I say slowly.

I walk him over to the door and we just stand their awkwardly staring at each other.

"Thanks! I had fun tonight! Besides the fact that I fainted..."he trails off.

I laugh. "Why did you faint? I never asked!" I say curiously. The thought left my mind completely! 

"Oh sheesh! I just....fire just makes me nervous okay?" he says, and ears go pink once again. He's so adorable I just wanna reach out and pinch his cheeks. 

"That's okay! It's cute to be honest" I blurt. I immediately clamp my mouth shut with my hand. My turn to go red now! 

"What? Did I hear you right? I am... cute?" he pretends to be super shocked, but I can see him holding in a smile. 

"I didn't mean that....I mean....yes....wait what am I saying? NO!". I mumble, the right words just not finding their way out of my mouth.

"Aww come on! Admit it! You did say I was cute!" he says and grins, which makes my inside do a little somersault.

I playfully whack him on his arm, and feel my face burn up to about 1000 degrees.

"Oh shut up!!!" I say and cover my face with my hands, to hide my blush. 

"Fine but admit it first!" he says, showing now signs of moving on. 

"No! I didn't mean it! So I won't!" 

"Admit it!"

"NO!"

"Admit it!"

"Fine! Ithinkyourecute! Happy?" I say and wouldn't mind if someone came and shot me right now! I think I am gonna die of embarrassment any second now. 

He just stares at me in reply, and I stare back, then he blushes, and I blush, then he stares at me again, and I stare back and then all this blushing and staring just goes on for what feel like forever! ....Well that sounded awfully familiar! 

"Well thanks again Nikki!" Brandon says breaking the awkward silence, while staring right into my eyes.

"Your welcome." I murmur, while staring back in his deep chocolate eyes.  I could just sit and stare all day into his eyes if I could. Is it just my imagination or is he leaning forward? His minty breath fills the air around me and I know he is definitely leaning closer. I freeze and my eyes grow wide.  And my insides churn. I feel like time has just stopped and it's just me and him in this world right now, and he's inching closer, and closer and closer and he's almost....

"Well see ya Brandon!" I quickly say and turn around and  slam the door right in his face, like the jerk I am.

A/N Yeah...sorry bout that! XD I feel soo evilll for doing that! LOL!