Chapter 37

Two weeks. Fourteen days. Three hundred and thirty six hours. Twenty thousand one hundred and sixty minutes. And too many seconds.

That is how long Louis was lost in his own mind. It happened in the middle of the day on the fourteenth day since the incident. The triplets were huddled together in front of Louis, silently crying. They were talking in hushed whispers about Louis and trying to cheer each other up.

Marcel had Louis' hand in his own with a death grip, and he was tucked under Edward's arm. Harry was in a similar position on the other side of Edward, gently stroking Louis' legs.

In the middle of conversation, Marcel suddenly froze. Edward and Harry looked at him with their eyebrows drawn together in confusion and worry.

"H-he m-moved," Marcel whispered, his eyes widening. When he was able to digest the information, he shouted in disbelief," He moved!! Louis moved his hand!"

Edward was the first to snap out of the shock and he quickly pressed a button to call the doctors and nurses to the room. By the time they arrived, the triplets' faces were covered in tears, and their eyes were bloodshot.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Marcel's pov...

It's been two hours since the doctors kicked us out of the hospital room. My happiness has now dwindled into nervousness. What if Louis doesn't wake up? What if I just imagined it?

All the what ifs flew out of my mind when Edward tenderly kissed the top of my head. The idiot thinks it's all his fault. I just want to punch him and then hug him. Harry hasn't talked about his wierd new recipes or shakes. Everything is different without Louis here.

Mark and Jay have been waiting with us for the past hour. They both took off from work as soon we informed them that Louis moved.

All of our heads snapped towards Louis' room when the doctors finally opened the door.

Mark and Jay quickly rushed into the room but we waited behind to give them some space, even if our hands were twitching with the urge to hold Louis.

They came back out after a few hours, crying heavily. Their faces made me think of the worst scenario and tears threatened to leave my eyes again.

We rushed into the room and the sight of Louis blinking his does eyes at us, his tiny body laying in the huge hospital bed as a slight smile graced his lips, made me almost topple over.

All three of us quickly rushed to get on the bed around him, enclosing him in our arms. My body erupted in tingles as soon as my skin touched his, and my heart almost stopped beating when I heard his delighted giggles that I had longed to hear for the past two weeks.

I could faintly hear Edward mumbling 'my baby' again and again and Harry sobbing, but I couldn't let out a single sound.

When we finally pulled apart, Louis gently wiped all our tears from our cheeks, before speaking in a gravelly voice," I'm so sorry for worrying you, alphas. I love you all."

As soon as those words left his mouth, I erupted into a rant," Don't you even dare say sorry princess. I swear I will spank the shit out of your ass if I hear those words come from your mouth again. You have nothing to be sorry about."

I breathed heavily and my face softened when I saw the small smile on Louis' face. I looked at my brothers' shocked faces and tucked my face into Louis' neck, mumbling a quiet sorry.

Louis threaded his fingers through my hair and nudged Harry and Edward to get closer. Harry was quick to burrow his head in Louis' lap and Edward squished his face onto Louis' shoulder, inhaling deep breaths of his smell.