🌸𝙽𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 ~ 𝙰𝚜 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎...🌸

💝𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍. 𝕀𝕥'𝕤 𝕒 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕓𝕚𝕥 𝕕𝕚𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕥!💝

Shoto stepped off the practically empty train. It was a cold winter and while he was out of town, it had snowed quite a bit. As he breathed in the bitter air, Shoto realised how cold it truly was. He reached down and buttoned up his long, dark coat and ran a hand through his bi-coloured hair. Walking home from work like this was lonelier than he had ever felt, especially now Shoto knew that his beautiful girlfriend was at home by herself. All he wanted was to be with her.

~~~

Shoto walked through the empty streets, lit only by the moon's pearly rays as the streetlights had timed out for the night and had shut off. The only sound he could here was his boots crunching through the snow. He felt my body shiver every now and again. However, Shoto kept his mind focused on the warmth he would feel once he got home.

~~~

As he approached their apartment, Shoto became aware of the microscopic snowflakes landing on his arms, hair, and shoulders. He headed up the stairs to access the entrance and that's when he noticed that the dim glow of the fire in the living room was still on. He stopped and checked his watch, "It's three in the morning, is she still awake?"

~~~

Shoto decided to gently knock on the door. With that, he was greeted with the petite brunette's arms wrapped around him, "Sho, you're back. Gosh, I was getting worried..."
He laughed at Miya's muffled voice as she had her head pressed against his chest. He gently returned her hug, allowing the contact to warm him slightly, "Why are you still awake? It's so early and I don't like the idea of you staying up when I'm not here..."
Miya stayed silent while Shoto spoke, listening carefully to his deep, tired voice, "I know, I tried to sleep – I honestly did, but I can't when I'm alone. I prefer having you here..." She replied, her dark eyes glistening as she looked into his. He placed his head on Miya's shoulder and sighed in exasperation.
"Shoto you're so cold... come here..." she said, taking him by the hand and leading him inside, "I've had the fire burning for a few minutes now – you should warm up here. You'll get sick if you don't." She then walked behind him and took off his coat for him. Shoto laid down on the sofa and Miya joined him shortly after, slowly melting into his arms.
"You know..." Shoto began, Miya listening quietly, "I really do appreciate you, my love..." Miya giggled and blushed hard, he gently ran his fingers through her hair, "As long as you're here with me... I feel so safe... like even if the world were ending, I would be happy because I'm with you..." "Are you trying to fluster me?" Miya giggled but then responded seriously, "I love you too, and I will never leave you. I love just the thought of you being here with me... I..." Miya stopped talking and looked up, he had tears in his eyes but had one of those precious smiles which was rare to see on his face, she brushed the tears from his face, "I love you..." Miya whispered before nestling back into a comfortable position.

~~~

The two of them sat in comfortable silence. The crackles of the fire soothing both of them. Miya could hear Shoto's breathing slow to a steady pace, and when she looked up, he was asleep – a little cloud of frost occasionally escaping from his lips. Miya gently pulled the blankets she had over them, and whispered, "I love you..." before falling asleep beside him. The last thing she remembered was him mumbling in her ear, "Goodnight, my love..."