24 • Please - Part 2

Kyomi POV

"What is it, Tae?"

"Hey, Kyomi! It's Jimin, Taehyung's friend. Uhm, we've got a bit of a situation here. I don't suppose you would be able to come and pick up Taehyung?"

I move out of the room to the quiet of the hallway. "What do you mean 'situation', Jimin? Where's Taehyung?"

"Well, I know he's been down since the split -sorry about that by the way- so I invited him out to our old cocktail lounge for a few drinks. Work ran later than I expected and long story short, I've just arrived and Taehyung is wasted causing a scene."

I sigh. "Call him a cab. He's a big boy."

"Yeah, well, no. He broke a bottle at the bar over that suggestion as well as any others I have offered. The manager is ready to call the police. He refuses to leave with anybody.. except you."

--

"My god, Omi, baby, you're so so damn beautiful. Why don't you love me anymore?" Tae slurs from the passenger seat.

"You cheated on me, Taehyung. I can't forgive that." I reply without looking at him as I slow approaching a stoplight.

"Nononononono!" He waves one long finger negatively. "I could never cheat on you! There's not a single solitary fiber in my whole being that wants anyone else except you, baby."

"I'm not talking about this while you're drunk."

"I am so so in love with you, Omi. You and our Lily are the best things to ever happen to me. Can I please have more of your babies? I don't know which I love more, having babies by you or making babies with you."

I swallow nervously. "Taehyung-"

"The irony in all this is I've done some pretty shitty things in my day but the one thing I didn't do is how I lose you." He places one hand on my thigh and leans over the console.

His eyes teary, he asks, "How can I make you believe me? I need my family back. I need you, Omi. Please."

I don't reply as I turn off of the main road.

"KYYYYYOOOOOOOMMMMMMIIIIIIII! Are you ignoring me?"

I huff replying, "I'm driving, Taehyung."

He looks down at his body with a pout and pokes his stomach. "Are you not attracted to me anymore? Is that why it was so easy for you to leave me?"

Again, I don't reply.

"Is there someone else? Is that it? Please tell me." He hiccups.

"You had sex with your secretary! That's why I left you!"

"Didn't you hear what I said? I'd never cheat on you, Omi! I love you too much to hurt you! I may be dumb but I'm not stupid! Oh, wait.." He stops, rethinking his last statement.

I pull into the garage and turn off the engine. "There. You're home safely. I'll call Hoba to pick me up."

"Stay with me. Please. Just for a little while."

"Tae, that isn't a good-"

"Omi, please." His puppy dog eyes plead.

"Fine. Ten minutes and then I'm leaving."