THE FRIEND

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
_______________________
THE NEXT PART WILL NOT BE UPDATED UNTIL THIS CHAPTER REACHES 12 VOTES | IF YOU ARE READING THIS STORY, VOTE OR I WILL NOT CONTINUE TO UPDATE !
_______________________

"Tell me you had nothing to do with that," was Conrad's response to the news anchors shocking announcement.

I wanted to strangle the blonde ditz for only making me more anxious for the week to come.

"I had nothing to do with it."

"Are you lying?" Conrad asked, I sat up to lean on my elbows and get a better view of the television. I knew I had caused it, I did intentionally. Its just nothing I ever did was big enough to be on the news before.

Just countless murders of people with no friends or family to miss them when they're gone.

I looked at Conrad who was sitting up with his legs criss-cross and hands in his lap, twiddling his thumbs. "Only trying to fulfill my role as a demon."

He rolled his blue eyes, "Commandment nine."

He must have a great memory if it was his first time hearing those.

"Nope," he replied to what I spoke in my mind, his eyes boring straight into mine, "they're just the opposite of my commandments." I mumbled 'whatever' and continued to watch the news, but the two seconds she spoke of the incident earlier today was all they would show on the news. I didn't doubt the school would send an email out soon but that's not where everyone would get the latest news on the case. Berkley, officer Austin's daughter, would spill everything she heard from her dad to Charlotte, who would spread it like forest fire around the town.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't a suspect, a blonde with blue-green eyes needed to be one.

"Today was a great day," I mumbled as I rolled off the bed, walking over to my backpack by the window with black curtains still parted. I unzipped my backpack while Conrad scoffed at my comment, looking through the small pocket to find my precious iPhone, "I haven't used you in a while."

"Are you talking to your phone?"

I turned to see Conrad looking at me with raised eyebrows and a small smile, staring at me like I was the strangest thing on earth, "Yeah."

"You're not strange, you're deranged," he mumbled and looked back down at his phone screen, standing up after staring at it for a while. "Quit reading my mind, dweeb," I replied and clicked the power button of my phone.

The screen lit up but instead of showing my Ashton Irwin lock screen, a mass of new messages appeared. I scrolled through the hundreds of text notifications, some from people I didn't even have registered on my phone, "I really hope all these people texting me aren't asking if I killed Alex."

"Don't say his name," Conrad snapped.

So did my temper.

"Shut up, Contrash, I'll kill Mayo too if you want to cry about dead friends." I regretted my words when I felt the metallic aftertaste on my tongue, I turned my head to glance at his reaction but his back was facing me now as he twisted the door knob to leave the room.

I rolled my eyes.

The loud tone of a doorbell rang throughout the house and pierced my sharp ears painfully (perfect hearing had pros and cons). I guess that's why Conrad was leaving the room, but I bet my words stung him too-he would get over it eventually.

I turned my head back to the window, pushing the curtains apart even more to press my face against the cold glass. The night sky was at its acme of darkness and all I could see was the porch light flicking on down below, and the top of a dark brown head standing on the wooden platform.