THE DEVIL

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
__________________________

The devil never aged, he chose to look about in his twenties with scruffy beard and small mustache. His tan skin was a bit darker than mine, after all he was in Hell most of the time. He had dark eyebrows like me and when he was on earth, his eyes were Hazel unlike them in his devil form-solid black.

There was something wrong because he had a look of worry on his face, and the devil never worried.

"Your newborn is downstairs with his family," I said to him while he moved out of the window frame and let me climb in Conrad's room.

"Sulking over someone you killed," his eyes were dark and filled with angst, he dressed like a normal guy you would pass on the streets of New York: white shirt, blue jeans, and brown combat boots.

"If you have forgotten I am a demon, you turned me into one and you turned Conrad into one too," I rambled on, he closed the window and sat on a beanbag chair next to it on the ground.

"I know I did, but he knows you're one and I barely turned him a couple of hours ago. I don't know if you can trust him," he said, not making eye contact with me but watching the white door of the room.

I sat down on the edge of Conrad's black bed, facing the man talking to me with a questionable look, "Where are your horns and tail? You always have them."

"Listen to me, Lay, do not trust him and don't talk to him after this," he bossed me around. I rolled my eyes at his unusual behavior, "You're not my dad."

"Then who is?" He asked sternly, I sent him a dark glare and he apologized, "sorry, I forgot you're still twelve and sulk over your missing family."

"This is why you fell from heaven," I mocked him but he smiled at me, I started looking around the room at band posters and dirty clothes strewn all over the floor.

"Just find another demon, there's about two more that go to your school-"

"What? No way! Why didn't you tell me this?" I asked giddy like a little girl, I always wanted to meet new demons.

Demons who actually knew what they were doing unlike Conrad, who was useless.

"Pay attention to their eyes, notice the colors," he whispered to me and I assumed he could hear Conrad start stomping up the stairs.

"So if Conrad's just a regular demon, why can't I read his mind?" I asked the devil, he scratched the back of his neck like he was contemplating telling me something.

"You can't read his mind because he doesn't want you to."

What was that supposed to mean?

"He's not just a regular demon, he's the first of his kind," he continued.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the only person I could fully trust, "Is he good or bad?"

"To who?" He asked.

The footsteps up the stairs were getting louder as the talking simmered

"Me?" I asked in an are-you-stupid tone.

"Both," he replied cryptically, glancing around the room once again. Biting his plump pink bottom lip before speaking again, "tell him everything I told you-the demon rule, but make sure he's a bad demon-I want blood from him if he wants trust."

"Okay," I responded simply, it seemed like a simple thing to do, "but who are the other demons?"

The door swung open and I turned my head to face Conrad holding a box of delicious smelling pizza and a two liter bottle of Coca-Cola with two paper cups upside down on it.