THE COLOR GREY

Please vote and comment if you enjoy :)

"What?" I stuttered out, but I clearly heard what he said-I just couldn't believe I could make such a stupid mistake.

"You caught what I said," he stated in a louder voice, his thin pink lips were pouted but his sky blue eyes were getting fifty shades darker, "now tell me why you killed him."

"I didn't," I lied through gritted teeth but even I didn't believe me, I heard my heart rate speed up and whatever the boy beside me was, he heard it too.

"I could tell the police and your entire life would be over," he attempted to threaten me, I rolled my eyes and faced the boy but he had his poker face on.

"You could open your mouth and your entire bloodline would be dead in seconds," I replied, nonchalantly swinging my feet back and forth-making the boy jump every time I kicked the underside of the bed with my heel.

"Go ahead. Tell the police," I egged him, sensing a dark gleam in my eyes while I watched my black converse go up and out of my sight consistently, "I dare you."

I watched his ashen face in the corner of my right eye, keeping my main focus on the door of the nurses office, I didn't want anyone walking in on me tearing someone's eyes out of their sockets using their own hands. In a way, I kind of did. There was no fun in being supernatural if no one knew you were.

"I swear I wont tell anyone," his voice cracked, his sapphire eyes were loosing brightness but his knuckles were turning more white the harder he gripped the cushion of the hospital bed, "just don't hurt my family."

"That's cute, a family guy," I rambled on imperturbably, my feet had slowed down but I started playing with my hands too, "I can do that with my knuckles as well."

His eyes hesitantly shifted to glance at my fingers, that I turned into my demon form-which made my skin disappear, leaving me with skeleton hands (great for Halloween).

His eyes quickly darted back to his own lap; he was wearing khaki's, which wasn't in particular my favorite attire, but it was popular at the high school I was enrolled in so I accepted it. I liked his Nikes, however, only the color of them: grey.

I had a weird fascination with the color grey, only because I never saw the world in it. Grey was rare. For me, everything was in black and white-I either did what was good or bad, making a decision was easy when you didn't think about any factors to your final act. If I could see gray, I probably would have never killed that boy.

Grey was the shade of his mother's eyes dripping tears while she looked down at his coffin, the color of the suit his dad wore to Alex's funeral.

Grey seemed like a beautiful color, but I never got to see it.

"What are you?" he interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up to the boy, his sapphire eyes were a bit dead of color and he was holding his own hand because he was afraid I was going to hurt him.

"Not abysmal enough to hurt you..." I replied indifferently, noticing no change in his stiff posture, "or your family."

A flash of relief flickered in his eyes before he saw mine boring into his and turned his face away from me like he was afraid I could see through them into his head.

"Is that a good thing?" he continued with the nonstop questions and if I was an innocent boy sitting next to a serial murderer, the last thing I would be doing was running my mouth.

"It will be a bad thing if you don't shut up!" I cheered in a sarcastic high-pitched girlish voice and he stopped asking me questions.

My eyes were glued to the door but his eyes were stuck on the floor, I was yearning for someone to walk in but had no idea what he was searching for beneath the ground.