I woke up extra early on Sunday morning because my mother always goes to the farmer's market around 9am. We went out after we had our breakfast. The farmer's market was only twenty minutes away from where we live. 

When we arrived at the venue, there were rows of booths on the left and right side of the street. This was my first time going to the farmer's market. There were a lot of people visiting each booth and came out with a bag full of goods. I was amazed by how popular this farmer's market is.

"Thank you George." My mother thanked the driver before getting out of the car. 

I hesitantly open my side of the car door. I slowly got out of the car and immediately went to my mother's side before I clasped my hand with hers. I held her hand tightly, afraid I would get lost in the sea of people. I tried to calm myself. When my mother realized I was squeezing her hand tightly, she turned to look at me and stroke my hair.

"It's okay, sweetie. I'm here." She said while giving me a warm smile. My nerves had calmed down a little at the sight of her warm smile. She turned to look forward and tugged my hand softly. I followed behind her.

We walked around for a few moments and suddenly my breath became ragged. I was panting hard and my mother noticed it. She pulled me quickly and to the nearby bench and sat me down. I was having a mini panic attack. She calmly asked me to look into her eyes and follow her breathing pace. I took a few deep breaths and exhaled it. I could feel my breathing become slow.

"Can you stay here for awhile? I will buy you a bottle of water, okay?" She asked. I was hesitant for a moment before slowly nodding my head.

"I'll be right back. Keep breathing slowly, sweetie." She said before hurriedly leaving me alone on the bench.

I tried to take a few deep breaths but suddenly I could feel the urge rise in my throat. I closed my eyes and kept on chanting 'go to your happy place' a few times. My hands were gripping my pants tightly. When it felt like it didn't work, I kept on whispering 'mommy please come back' to myself and I could feel my eyes were filled with tears. Suddenly a soft voice spoke to me.

"Mister, are you okay?" I snapped my eyes open and flinched when a young girl appeared in front of my eyes.

Her big blue ocean eyes stared right into my gray ones. She was no older than 5 years old and had very brunette curly hair. Somehow when I was staring into her big eyes, I felt myself calm a little. When I felt like my mini panic attack subsided, I exhaled a very big breath and gave a smile to the little girl. I nodded my head at her.

"Yes. I'm fine now. Thank you." I said to her. She gave me a very big smile. Then, I wondered where the little girl came from. Was her parents around? Was she lost or something?

"Are you alone?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I came with daddy." She simply said. I took a look around to find a father who lost a daughter, but no one seems to be looking around. Suddenly she held out a flower in front of me.

"For you. I hope it can make you smile." I looked at the flower on her hand. I immediately recognized the flower. It was marigold. The ones that my mother bought for me.

"Where did you get this?" I asked her while taking the flower from her. She just held out her hand for me to clasped it with mine. I hesitate for a moment before clasping mine with her little ones.

She immediately pulled me towards a booth. As we got closer, I could see it was a flower booth. There were a lot of flowers inside the booth. She dragged me to a vase full of marigolds. I gasped before smiling widely. Next to it was daisies and carnations. I let her hand go and began to look around the booth.