Home_ish

In pain there are no words, pain is just pain. When I had watched that episode of criminal minds I hadn't really thought about it. But now that I had experienced it,

 it was horrifying. Esmeralda had sedated me, told me she was the only one fit to do the operation and I trusted her. Bad choice.

I'm pretty sure I was awake for pretty much the whole thing. Lets just say it seemed like a scene starring Freddy Krugger, you know, nightmare on elm street or something. I had heard Xander's voice somewhere in the middle of it. Surprisingly it calmed me down more than the sedative ever did.

I woke up in the same room I had been operated in. Technically it wasn't even a hospital, it was just a white room with a lot of windows. My back felt great, for the first time I felt no pain. Esmeralda had really outdone herself. I wanted to thank her but my eyes were heavy. I tried again but they wouldn't budge. I felt my body start to panic. The same feeling I had when those guys tried to rape me.

What had these guys done to me. Maybe Amare bribed Esmeralda and told her to kill me.Maybe that's why she wanted to do the operation alone. I felt the panic grow. This was the one room I had felt protected. I wanted to feel like I had felt when I was with Xander when we were at the pool. I just wanted to feel safe for once in my life.

I guess this wasn't the place

******************

Xander's POV

 I felt like I had walked into an actual operation. I looked at the metal plate that had pieces of silver. A wave of anger went through me and Rovan growled. How was that even possible. The silver on the table was enough to take down half my pack. 

How is it even possible she's breathing let alone waking up after four doses of sedation. I watched as Alika ran to her side holding her down. Tamasha, quite an exotic name.

When I walked in I was expecting a half naked Sebastian and a heavily breathing naked girl. The clanking of a breaking flower pot brought me out of my thoughts. I didn't exactly know how to help, so I just stood there . Alika had already cast her spell and Esmeralda was stitching up the open wounds as Alika wiped the spilling blood.

 This was by far the scariest thing I had ever witnessed. 

The girls finally finished up and stood back, waiting for her to wake up I presumed. I walked towards the windows and opened the curtains, maybe light would be comforting to her considering all we had done is put her in a dark room since she got here.

I was about to walk back to the sofa on the other side of the room when panic took over me. I felt like I was being attacked. I looked around the room trying to figure out if maybe something had triggered Rovan. 

My eyes fell on Alika then Esmeralda, all panicked looks on their faces. It then hit me, It was the same look Luis and his men had when we had found their bodies. Rovan though, I couldn't feel the panic from him, I felt his hard stance. The one I had when I wanted to protect something with my whole life. What was happening to me.My eyes landed on the sleeping girl on the bed, she now had a white circle around her that looked like an energy circle or something

"It's her, I think she's panicking and it's affecting us." I heard Alika whisper.

This witch thing was getting complicated by the minute. I turned to face her, if she figured that out maybe she had a solution to this. I didn't like the way I felt with all this fear around me.

"Oh my God, this means she's an emotion witch," 

"Speak in a way we might understand" I heard Esmeralda say from somewhere behind Alika.

"It means the emotions she has directly affects the people around her" Alika said.

Now that I think about it, I think the moon goddess should have made me a wizard instead of a wolf. It's pretty cool in a way.

"Xander, your the only one who can comfort her" 

I now felt Rovan panic, how could I help her I didn't even know what there was there to know about witches.What if I hurt her. That's why I always had Alika by my side. So that she could clarify all the things I had to know about witches.

"And would you care to enlighten me how to do that master" I said, hoping that she would get the hint that I didn't know anything.

"Drop the sarcasm you coward and just go there and hold her hand or something" she said shoving me a little towards Tamasha.

I'm a freaking alpha who has been in plenty relationships,some I'm not so proud of, of course I can hold a girl's hand, you know, maybe calm her down before her emotions kill us.

I walked towards the bright circle that seemed to be growing by the minute. To say I was scared was beyond an understatement. I was so scared I hadn't even realised I was already in the circle. I grabbed her hand from her side lacing them with my hand. Her hand looked small compared to mine.

"I need you to calm down baby girl, I'm here with you"

wait what, did I just call her baby girl, leave that aside 'I'm right here with you'? What is this, a disney production or something. Alika's animation fanatism was starting to rub on me.

I'm so grateful she's unconscious and I hope Alika hadn't heard what I said. I would never hear the last of it.

It seemed to work. I watched as the circle faded to nothing and Alika and Esmeralda came into view. Alika had a smile and a hal,f while Esmeralda looked like she was about to start crying.

The door burst open and in came Sebastian. I watched his expression soften as his eyes fell on Esmeralda. In a swift move he took her in his arms as Esmeralda broke down.

"Ralda baby, why'd you lock the door, with all those screams, were you trying to give me a heart attack"

I watched as Esmeralda tried to speak, but no words came out, just tears as she fell into his arms once more.

"Ok princessa, I'm here now, I won't leave your side again" he said.

Their act of love had distracted me. I hadn't even seen Alika come to my side.

"Don't worry big guy, you know it sounded more assuring coming from you" she said with a smirk.

 I looked at her a little lost on what she was saying.

"Don't think I didn't hear you and I quote 'I need you to calm down baby girl, I'm here with you' total prince charming move."                                                                

 I mentally face palmed, I knew I would one day regret befriending a witch.

"Alika, your alive " I heard a sweet voice behind me. It wasn't high pitched like the girls I knew.It was a little hoarse from the screaming but it was also quite comforting.

"And kicking shawrie, here take my hand, let's get you cleaned up as I show you your room"

I stood still as I watched the two girls walk out of the room.

What had I gotten myself into_

i"