Xiuning Workshop? Mo Xuetong recalled the shop that was a dowry her mother had left her. She had gone to check it last time but it was just an ordinary shop. She did not find anything odd about it other than the fact that the shopkeeper seemed slightly soberer and steadier.

"Why did Mother want to check Xiuning Workshop's accounts? Didn't Mother ask you guys to check it only a few days ago?" Mo Xuetong could hear her own cold voice asking the question.

They only checked the accounts once a year but He Xia went to check it twice. It was just a little shop, was there a need to put in that much effort to travel such long distances to check the accounts again and again?!

He Xia did not expect Mo Xuetong to know about Xiuning Workshop and that she would know that He Xia had gone to check the accounts not too long ago. Since Miss already knew some things, there was no reason for her to hide any longer. While Madam was around, Madam was in charge, but now that Madam was no longer around, Miss was in charge. This was what Madam had told her over and over again back then.

"Miss, the accounts are fake. I came here to meet somebody. I will meet with that person every time I come to the capital using the accounts as an excuse. I will then bring things back for Madam." He Xia told the truth.

"Who is it?" Mo Xuetong could not stay calm any longer. Her voice shook.

"I do not know who the person is either. That person would come alone every time we met in the backyard of Xiuning Workshop. It was a man. The maids stay in the room, and the man would leave some letters at the front. We just had to take the letter and bring it back to Madam. However, the man did not come on a schedule. That is why we had to wait in Xiuning Workshop for about a month sometimes." He Xia recalled.

She knew that meeting the man was a matter of chance. She stayed in the room with Ying Chun that day. When they realized that someone was there, they did not dare to make a sound. They could not see anything in the dark and Madam had told them not to speak. They only had to wait inside. The two of them stayed in the room and saw the tall slender figure put down something before turning to leave. He Xia saw a pair of long black boots when he turned away.

Only court officials wore boots in this style. However, there were so many court officials in the capital. He Xia could only tell that the person was a man because of this.

"Since you were working for Madam and nothing happened all this while, what happened this time?" Mother Xu asked in confusion.

"I was really unlucky. I was not careful when I came out and lost the money bag I brought with me. Then, I had to beg for a living. It took me great difficulty to get to the capital and to Xiuning Workshop. Then, I found someone. I saw him at Madam's before and he threatened Madam with a sword then. Xue Dong saw it and screamed, and he got scared off."

"I caught a glimpse of him while he was escaping. I did not dare to enter Xiuning Workshop when I saw him going in, so I waited outside. However, I realized that there were a lot of people who were walking around outside Xiuning workshop with swords. I waited outside for a few days but could not enter. So I thought of going back to Cloud City."

"But I did not have money, so I could only stay with beggars and led a vagrant life. I was begging outside the capital a few days ago and a few gangsters started hitting the beggars on the street. I was hit by them and ran away in a fluster. Then, I don't know what I knocked into and fainted. I found myself here when I woke up."

They found He Xia on the streets of the capital but hearing what He Xia said, she had already left the capital. So why had she appeared in the capital again and why did she appear right in front of her carriage? Did someone set this up intentionally? Or was this unintentional? After the painful experience of her past life, Mo Xuetong would rather believe that this was all done by somebody.