Missing

Days turned into weeks, if it wasn't revisiting the crime scene it was tracing Alyssa's steps. This was Derek Morgan's new routine. Leads may be going cold but he definitely wasn't going to give up. He couldn't manage the thought of what Alyssa could be going through. All he needed was a miracle that could lead him to her. But in reality, miracles don't exist.

"Dinner's ready" Mom announced to us. She refused to speak about what happened. She had bruises on her arms but she wouldn't explain them. Scott joined us at the table not long after I had. He went out most of the day while my mom and I stayed home. I don't know what he does when he goes out but I had learnt to not ask questions. It was too scary. I tried my best to believe in what there once was. But day by day, it's harder. But that's life, life is hard sometimes. If it was easy, life wouldn't be complicated and manipulated.

In the weeks they searched, not much information was collected or found. They'd learnt that Scott was trying to 'rebuild' his family. But it was a matter of where. It's always a matter of where.

Both doors were heavily guarded by locks at all time. There was no way out. All the windows were bolted, torturing you by showing what you're missing out there. I wonder if this is my life now.

There was always a possibility of the case going cold. The only difference each day was: the possibility seemed be more accepted each time. There has to be a breakthrough, there has to be a miracle, there has to be something. Derek often thought this. Many wondered if these words just drove him crazy. Maybe Alyssa was gone forever. Something that team thought and accepted. They can't save everyone.

Crazy? Insane? Every synonym you can think of. That's me. Slowly I slipping under this spell each day, each hour, each minute. Maybe Derek will never find me. I constantly think to myself: What if I'm 'unfindable'.